Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Require someone to take care of my cat for one and half month

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I live in Koblenz Germany. Due to a family event I have to travel to India in December for one and half month Dec-to mid January. And since its only one cat and not a pair, I cannot leave it in my apartment alone with a pet sitter. Hence I am looking for someone who can take care of my cat for this time. Food, toys and litter will be provided. Upon which payment will also be good. But my cat has never been outside. its a complete indoor animal and to be cared for similarly and maintained in a clean environment. Please message me or reply to this post and i will reply back immediately. Thank you.  

6 hours ago, Kishor said:

Hello,

I live in Koblenz Germany. Due to a family event I have to travel to India in December for one and half month Dec-to mid January. And since its only one cat and not a pair, I cannot leave it in my apartment alone with a pet sitter. Hence I am looking for someone who can take care of my cat for this time. Food, toys and litter will be provided. Upon which payment will also be good. But my cat has never been outside. its a complete indoor animal and to be cared for similarly and maintained in a clean environment. Please message me or reply to this post and i will reply back immediately. Thank you.  

I can‘t help you but I like your responsible attitude!👍🏼

Here’s an ad from eBay Kleinanzeigen for pet care at home.  Usually on a once or twice daily visit basis.  
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/katzenbetreuung-in-bonn/1467936463-133-23685  Have a look at other ads too.  You can also place a wanted ad for free.  

I would definitely recommend home visits over a cattery especially as your cat is an indoor pet.  A good carer will spend time with your cat during a visit to avoid loneliness and boredom. When I offered this service some years ago, cats were either not interested in anything other than food whilst others were keen to play, be groomed etc. In addition to feeding fresh food once or twice daily, some owners used automatic feeders that I’d clean and refill...just for extra cover.  It’s always a good idea to check with a carer what would happen in the event of your delayed return...especially in corona time.  I only ever returned keys once the owner confirmed return. 

Perhaps you could ask a neighbour? He/she can then also take care of your mail and watering the plants if you have any. I did this several times back in the Netherlands.

I second LukeSkywalker's idea.   My friends spoil my cat whenever I'm away and, of course, take care of the mail and water the plants.