Only in Germany

13 posts in this topic

I know this paper is 'standard' in Germany and Austria. Do other countries use it? It would be helpful for the 'How to make a  Bar Graph' class I am taking, but other than that I really don't like it.  

gather now lined paper.jpg

In the UK it is normal to write on lines, and as you say, draw graphs and charts on squares.

When we go back I stock up. It seems expensive here and the pads are thinner. 

2 hours ago, kiplette said:

When we go back I stock up. It seems expensive here and the pads are thinner. 

But apparently the new ultra thin Tenna pads soak up more Pee!!!  :o 

10 hours ago, kiplette said:

In the UK it is normal to write on lines, and as you say, draw graphs and charts on squares. When we go back I stock up. It seems expensive here and the pads are thinner. 

Just buy online - saves lugging stuff back on your journey. ;)

On 10/8/2020, 7:12:20, lunaCH said:

Just buy online - saves lugging stuff back on your journey. ;)

Until maybe Jan 1st, and then the online order import charges UK > Germany may warrant smuggling a few kgs of lined paper contraband in your suitcase ;-)

8 hours ago, paulwork said:

Until maybe Jan 1st, and then the online order import charges UK > Germany may warrant smuggling a few kgs of lined paper contraband in your suitcase ;-)

Lovely.

Well, it's going to be interesting what customs arrangements are going to be in place. I'd expect though large companies to be on the ball. Amazon for example should deal with it themselves for the customer - they already do for goods which enter a different customers area - under their global option - they bring the stuff into the country and then it's labelled up as an 'inland' Sendung and sent on with all formalities dealt with and no further charges due. 

Low value consignments are generally subject to tax relief in any case. 

Found this one in the taz. https://taz.de/Archiv-Suche/!5711045&s=uli%2Bhannemann&SuchRahmen=Print/

The small, weak sausage

We got married last year after all. This was never intended to happen, but we didn't want to miss the fun of turning off each other's life support equipment one day.

An important advance information for the immediately following connections: Like all couples who have enough love in their hearts to want to stay together in peace as long as possible, and who also make the appropriate logistical arrangements, we both still have our own apartment. But now the first joint tax return has arrived. To my address. Also her very personal papers. Because I am the man. Germany in 2020.

I have to admit, they can still surprise me. Although I am not a denier of patriarchy and consider myself to be relatively woke - only for my age, of course - (I even know what that means), the realization of the dimension of civilizational standstill still hits me like a bomb sometimes.

The gendered staircase joke of this emancipatory medieval spectacle: Compared to her, I am completely insignificant, at least as far as tax revenues are concerned, and that is how our state measures the social value of human beings, as is well known.

I am just the fiscal appendix of my powerful wife; a tiny little sausage, incorporated, swallowed, annexed, colonized by a comparative tax and finance giant, which is manifested by the fact that I "write" for the taz as a "freelancer": she makes this witty hobby possible for me. Behind every strong woman is a weak man. I simply have to be beautiful. And stick her name on my mailbox.

Uli Hannemann

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)