Accused of selling damaged goods

25 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, lunaCH said:

For me at this stage it is a Police matter. It costs nothing to file a Police report. Maybe nothing will be done. But she may receive a Police visit or a letter saying she has been accused. 

We have spoken to the police. The person who made the payment is not connected to the buyer, even though she claims it is her son. I can not physically prove that the item that i posted was in the condition that i stated but she apparently has a witness who will state that i sent a damaged pool with accessories missing. My husband can not be a witness.

In future i will take more photos, mark my items with a uv marker and take a video of the last moments of packing.

I had someone try this once before many years ago when she claimed that the new shoes i sold were split and damaged but if i gave her a part refund she would keep them. i said yes of course but you show me photos first. I never heard from her again

7 minutes ago, Henribear said:

In future i will take more photos, mark my items with a uv marker and take a video of the last moments of packing.

I had someone try this once before many years ago when she claimed that the new shoes i sold were split and damaged but if i gave her a part refund she would keep them. i said yes of course but you show me photos first. I never heard from her again

Even better, eBay Kleinanzeigen is the wrong platform to sell to remote buyers.   eBay Kleinanzeigen is meant for meeting physically and pay cash in hand.   If you want to sell and ship via post and take Paypal you should sell in the normal eBay in which you have a bit more security.   

Definitely do a police report.  Maybe nothing will come of it but the more people that do it, the police may eventually have enough to stop her.

Scams with items sold like this are very common.  Buyer insists that item was broken and they tend to side with the buyer.  Even ebay does this.  See here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2dAa-afItU where an ebay seller gets a return of a broken item.  However, after going viral on youtube, they get contacted with an apology, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miJwqkAM1NE  If you read the comments on both videos, you will see loads of people recounting having similar experiences.

Sad to say that this all just confirms my opinion that E-Bay is a nest of rouges and thieves and it's not just the sellers!

I sold on FB market place. the buyer has been reported to the police and she did then return the original box but not the accessories. Paypal have written and i may get my money returned. She been reported to FB also not that they bother