Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to buy manuka honey in Frankfurt

19 posts in this topic

Hey, Are there any other Kiwi's out there... The All Blacks are playing France on Saturday night... I'm hoping good old Eamon will show the game at Finnergans. By the way, that website seems to be down, any idea what has happened?

Brenda,get to Turtles on Alsterchaussee,nearest U-Bahn Hallerstrasse U1.

Run by Richard a Kiwi who used to run the Tottenham in Tottenham Ct Rd, London.

Nice guy and you'll find other Kiwi's and Aussie's watching the Rugby,like last weekend.

For my sins I'm English and still licking my wounds,I'm in London this weekend otherwise I'd introduce you.

i was in finnegans last week to watch the all blacks beat england.this weekend they are showing most of the autumn tests.irelanlnd v south africa,kiwis v france and the only game that matters at 1530 scotland v romania.

Finnegan's are having trouble with the website, if finnegans.com does not work you can use this address:

finneganswakeirishpub.com - that normally works, gets you to the same site.

Naked Turtle is really a very nice and cosy pub, and Richard and Kerstin are genuinly nice peoole.

The food is very good!

Have a look at the pub here.

Brenda, was just thinking I might know you already, have you worked in Finnegan's for a while?

Hiya, No I don't work at Finnergans... tried to but had the VISA denied. Unfortunately, I have to leave in December as my 3 months is up and like everyone else my German partner and I have tried eveything possible to extend the bloody thing... Grrr. However, I will return in March when I can legally enter the country again and try and try and try again! hehe.

Thanks for the tip on Turtles. Can't wait to see some more Kiwis!

Hey yeah! I'm a kiwi from Auckland!!! :D and I'll be in Hamburg for 2 months, mid december til mid february. What kinda stuff are you into? I'm actually looking for a tennis partner, and maybe badminton buddy if you or anyone else keen :) if you like let me know ~ Jun.

Hey Brenda, I guess your leaving soon but good luck with the visa... it takes time. The best option is to get a get a job where a firm will support the process if you want to remain here for an extended period. Jun - I would be keen to play some racket sports. I havn't played in ages as I kept dislocating my shoulder from rugby. Let me know.

how long do you think it would take to learn the language? I'm there for 2 months, hoping to come back to NZ with some basic primary level lol. oo yeah, the 2011 world cup in Auckland! :P .. some news from NZ.. they were going to build a stadium on the waterfront where the ports of auckland is... but then decided to just expand eden park.. maybe u already read this, but thought just incase you havent this is the big talk right now down under.. definately shame about the badminton, i need to stay fit with all the Christollen i'm going to eat! Mmmmm

It will take at least a year of fulltime language study to get a grip on the language but in you're 2 months you will definately be able to pick up the basics. There are some good schools here offering from 2 hours a day to 5 hours per day immersion classes if that's what you want... otherwise, buy yourself a guide book and practise when you can. BYKI (google it) have a free downloadable basic package for things like greetings, foods etc... Good Luck!

Hey peeps

Im a 23 yr old male who has been in hamburg since september,Im here with my girlfriend and so far all my friends that i have are either hers or her sisters..

dont get me wrong their all good people..and im greatful i have friends

I would like to extend my circle of friends and im always looking to do something exciting(not just partying).

Im pierced and have a lot of tattoos,hip hop orientated and i think im pretty unique to germany.

if anyone would like to organise an event where we could meet up then drop me an email or reply to this.

breaker_breaker1.9@hotmail.com

As much as i love my girlfriend and her friends i would like to meet different people.

HOLLA

Topics merged by admin

Gidday Brenda, a fellow kiwi here! I'm generally keen for rugby viewing but I can't make it tomorrow night... When's the next match? Perhaps we could organise something another time as well - I'm always keen to meet fellow countrymen/women living in Hamburg!

Cherie

Oh yeah, you're speaking my language Timmeh! I brought a bottle of the feijoa variety with me, by the way, but every German friend I offer it to say that it smells like perfume and won't drink it. Sigh... no accounting for taste...

German's know beer, but when it comes to Vodka pfffft, of course the Kiwis are tops ;) . 42 Below is THE best...only this year's awards, all hail the king of Vodka:

GRAND GOLD MEDAL WITH PALM LEAVES - 42 BELOW Vodka - Monde Selection 2007, Brussels. (May 07)

GOLD MEDAL - 42 BELOW Passionfruit - Monde Selection 2007, Brussels. (May 07)

GRAND GOLD MEDAL WITH PALM LEAVES - SOUTH Gin - Monde Selection 2007, Brussels. (May 07)

INTERNATIONAL HIGH QUALITY TROPHY - SOUTH Gin - Monde Selection 2007, Brussels.

GOLD MEDAL - 42 BELOW Manuka Honey - Beverage Testing Institute - Chicago 2007 (Sept 07)

GOLD MEDAL - Seven Tiki White Rum - Monde Selection 2007, Brussels. (May 07)

GOLD MEDAL - 42 BELOW Manuka Honey - International Spirits Awards - Germany 2007 (Jun 07)

GOLD MEDAL - Seven Tiki White Rum - International Spirits Awards - Germany 2007 (Jun 07)

GOLD MEDAL - 42 BELOW - International Spirits Awards - Germany 2007 (Jun 07)

TWO STARS (SILVER) - 42 Below Vodka - International Taste & Quality Institute, Belgium 2007 (Apr 07)

SILVER MEDAL - 42 BELOW - Beverage Testing Institute - Chicago 2007 (Sept 07)

SILVER MEDAL - 42 BELOW Passionfruit - Beverage Testing Institute - Chicago 2007 (Sept 07)

SILVER MEDAL - 42 BELOW - International Wine & Spirits Competition, UK (June 07)

SILVER MEDAL - 42 BELOW Passionfruit - International Wine & Spirits Competition, UK (June 07)

SILVER MEDAL - 42 BELOW Manuka Honey - International Wine & Spirits Competition, UK (June 07)

SILVER MEDAL - 42 Below Vodka- San Francisco Spirit Awards 2007 (Mar 07)

SILVER MEDAL - 42 Below Manuka Honey Flavoured Vodka - San Francisco Spirit Awards 2007 (Mar 07)

SILVER MEDAL - Tahiti Dark Rum - San Francisco Spirit Awards 2007 (Mar 07)

SILVER MEDAL - South Gin- San Francisco Spirit Awards 2007 (Mar 07)

TWO STARS (SILVER) - Tahiti Dark Rum - International Taste & Quality Institute, Belgium 2007 (Apr 07)

TWO STARS (SILVER) - Seven Tiki White Rum - International Taste & Quality Institute, Belgium 2007 (Apr 07)

TWO STARS (SILVER) - 420 Water (still) - International Taste & Quality Institute, Belgium 2007 (Apr 07)

TWO STARS (SILVER) - 420 Water (sparkling) - International Taste & Quality Institute, Belgium 2007 (Apr 07)

BRONZE MEDAL - 42 BELOW Kiwifruit - Beverage Testing Institute - Chicago 2007 (Sept 07)

BRONZE MEDAL - 42 Below Kiwifruit Flavoured Vodka - San Francisco Spirit Awards 2007 (Mar 07)

BRONZE MEDAL - 42 Below Passionfruit Flavoured Vodka - San Francisco Spirit Awards 2007 (Mar 07)

BRONZE MEDAL - Seven Tiki White Rum - San Francisco Spirit Awards 2007 (Mar 07)

BRONZE MEDAL - Seven Tiki White Rum - International Wine & Spirits Competition, UK (June 07)