Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fishing Club and Fishing Rules in Rostock

10 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have recently moved to Rostock. I like to go out sometimes for fishing with basic fishing gears like Rod and Reel. I would like to know is there any fishing club for hobbyist? Also, what are the rules and regulations for fishing? I should definitely have a license, where could I apply for that?

Thanks!

You need to take a class and a test, it costs about €100 here. google 'angelschein' 

In the fishing exam you have to show that you have the necessary skills to fish. This does not only refer to the correct handling of the fishing gear, but above all includes a lot of knowledge about the fish themselves and their habitat, about nature and animal protection as well as the legal regulations. If you are registered in Hamburg, then you have to take the fishing exam here as well - this is what the Fisheries Act stipulates since 1.1.2020. 

Don't go thinking angling is a sport here, it very definitely isn't

This is one big thing I miss from the UK, it's so different here I just don't have the will to pursue it, for example ...

When caught, fish must be immediately killed.

How many you can catch is also controlled.

You can't use any form of net (keepnets) to hold them whilst you continue fishing.

Where you can fish is strictly controlled, it's not enough to have a permit / license, you will also be told exactly which spots you can use.

The rules are continually controlled and the fines for breaking them, such as putting fish back, can run into thousands of Euros.

22 hours ago, tor said:

22 hours ago, tor said:

You need to take a class and a test, it costs about €100 here -- and I am definitely sure the class and test won't be in English, especially it would be hard to find in English in a small town like Rostock. Thank you so much. 

Thanks Malt-Teaser, rules are good and even I also think fishing is some kind of animal cruelty and take care of the least pain in it for the fish. Seems like it would be really hard for keeping this as a hobby here. 

I type this from a Center Parcs in the Netherlands, which we visit each year so that my other half can fish without stress - he intends to do the Angelschein at some point, but until then, this is the easiest way.

It is worth you looking in to - our local area has a couple of lovely lakes with fishing clubs, and within the rules quoted above, fun is to be had, but before making the effort it would be worth finding out what the local offering is.

As you say, it might be essentially impossible for you in Rostock anyway.

On 8/8/2020, 2:12:09, tor said:

and you need a license to play golf -- I hope license would not be required for mini-golf. :P 

Thanks @kiplette for all the valuable information. The fishing exam I have checked won't be a problem but the real problem is my lack of German knowledge. Hope someday will make it, till then, lets look at the fishes under water.