no sound on my computer

14 posts in this topic

All of a sudden , there is no sound on my computer. This means it will not show any films or anything else with a Sound Content.

All I get is a Pop up that says

Es kann kein Audiogerät gefunden werden

Any advice welcome

Thanks

go check in your device manager, to see if there's any kind of hardware warning/failure.

Is there a headphone  jack that you could use? just to find out if the failure is in your soundcard, or in the speaker(s)

Is it PC or laptop or mac or what? Do you have have a sound card? you might need to update drivers. Otherwise it might be the PC motherboard. 

It could be the win 10 updates if you have it. I get no sound after some win 10 big updates and with me it is related to the graphics card NVIDIA, it put its own HD driver in the sound area. If you think it is this then go to device manager like Karin said, if you see an extra driver like NVIDIA then right click and disable it. If you delete it then it will just come back.

from the info you've provided you could:

turn up the volume

whack the side of the computer with the heel of your hand

always worked for me

Install Driver Booster and let the program scan your system and do an driver update, after that restart your pc and see if the issue is solved or not.

https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php#

ps - you are using a Desktop or a Laptop?

If is a Laptop - what model do you have?

Well, thanks for all the advice. I am happy to report that I fixed it. I got into the Sound section and did something. I am not sure what I did but I am too happy to care.

You‘re like me, colin , re computers and stuff!😂

Congratulations!🙏🏻

Look. I work in IT for 24 years. The best principle is AEG: Ausschalten, Einschalten, Geht.

Next topic.

What do I do if I forget how to turn on the computer, Luke?

😜

Then you buy my book "Computers for Dummies" for only €19,99. Chapter 1 elaborates on how to turn on different computer models and laptops. Chapter 2 describes how to switch it off. It also entails a chapter with FAQs like "I spilled coffee on my laptop keyboard and  now it won't turn on." 

You have written a book, Luke?🙏🏻
Respect!

Can we go Dutch on the price?😂

On 29.7.2020, 21:33:18, LukeSkywalker said:

Then you buy my book "Computers for Dummies" for only €19,99. Chapter 1 elaborates on how to turn on different computer models and laptops. Chapter 2 describes how to switch it off. It also entails a chapter with FAQs like "I spilled coffee on my laptop keyboard and  now it won't turn on." 

I‘ll take 20 and give them to a few choice customers, most of whome do not know what RTFM stands for.