Ethnicity issue in WG (Wohngemeinschaft)

43 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, sachss said:

filthy kitchen, tenants using water in toilet to clean themselves (instead of toilet paper)

@sachssExactly:  what is happening !!! Certain things, i prefer not to write here. As some forum members, might think am "right wing propaganda ".  

All what I expected in a shared apartments living  is ,  a basic understanding of civilized society and a decent hygiene. Thats all

The problem might have arousen because of the title you chose which in some sensitive ears might sound as if you wanted to say this was the kind of behaviour you have to expect from Arabs. Had you written e. g. "lowlife issue..." instead of "ethnicity issue..." it might not have triggered associations of rightwingness.

@jeba   it might have been !  But, I hope you would agree that  for a healthy outlook on an incident ,  its better to avoid prejudice while commenting.  Essence of this incident is : people take it personally when we talk about basic social respect / hygiene .  

I wrote the post as it was happened without misleading any fact.  Thanks for your opinion.much appreciated

15 hours ago, Martnmb said:

... it's sort of lifestyle cultural differences.

Ah toilet issues. My favourite. Arabs using the bog water to clean their bums? Hmm. I guess they don't approve of toilet paper. They have a point. My cat sometimes drinks from the toilet by the way.

This reminds me of my now defunct German FIL who said Red Army soldiers in the 2nd WW did not know what flush toilets were for, never having seen them till they invaded. They apparently used them to wash their potatoes. Yummy. One step further than using a bidet to wash your feet.:lol: And maybe it added a certain je-ne-sais-quoi to the flavour?

It is hard enough to rub along with one's own sort let alone with people who have been brought up with different toilet manners. Their normal not your normal? Moving on is tough. Chip pans and fires. I guess you have to gently educate them, very gradually. Good luck. But it portends ill for successful integration...

@optimista

3 minutes ago, optimista said:

Ah toilet issues. My favourite.

I believe you read somewhere in between the posts  and quoting different statements to connect and then write what you wanted. Good luck. 

...tenants using water in toilet to clean themselves (instead of toilet paper)...

Did I misconstrue?

1 minute ago, optimista said:

...tenants using water in toilet to clean themselves (instead of toilet paper)...

Did I misconstrue?

@optimista i believe so. Because that was an experience from another post responder who did not mention anything about who did like that. 

I beg your pardon. British (humour). Post-covid. Funny age. Strange history.

On 25/07/2020, 14:59:57, optimista said:

My cat sometimes drinks from the toilet by the way.

How does it manage to get inside the bowl? :unsure:

I chuck mine in, luna. I am not good at Heath- Robinson solutions!

😀

Cat does an intricate balancing trick on the toilet seat and stretches its neck to the limit. I guess it must be worth it. This thread has derailed. I apologise to the OP.

2 hours ago, optimista said:

Cat does an intricate balancing trick on the toilet seat and stretches its neck to the limit. I guess it must be worth it. This thread has derailed. I apologise to the OP.

Keep the toilet lid down and put bowls of water out for the poor little thing! :)

Water is in no short supply. Bowls everywhere. This is feline choice. She does a similar balancing trick on the edge of the rain vat, which coincidentally is the home of three goldfish, one silver, one orange and one blue. (I know TT readers want these details. :ph34r:) She is a thrill seeker. However, I bow to your observation we should keep the toilet lid down. Unfortunately, the other humans I share the facilities with are not easy to train.

Our cat cured himself of drinking out of the toilet when he was little. He fell in! We don't have any problems with him drinking toilet water now.

Hallo Everyone, 

I started this post in 24th July 2020. Today is 15th September 2020.   The issue has been fixed. 

The two inhabitants have been vacated by the house administration in end of August. 

Lesson to be learnt:   Do not run or move away from your apartment due to insane/sick minded people.  Fight for your right. As everybody,  has the right to be treated with dignity. 

I thank all people who replied that i should vacate my room and safeguard myself.   

Now I have safeguarded my right  and also hopefully, paved a way for others to learn...what to do in such situation (i.e) face the situation and speak your right.

@MikeMelga   Its accumulation of behavior from those two inhabitants.  Its not just one incident. Firealarm in kitchen was already noted by administration and the inhabitants were warned not to repeat.

After my argument with those two inhabitants,  I informed House administration,  that If this kind of incident /threatening hate speech  happens again, I have to call police and I have to report about the house administration  as well,    who fail to monitor such behavior, even after I bring this to the house administration  knowledge.   I also had photos of how they maintain the common area like kitchen, and took this to the house admin's knowledge. 

In August first week,  the main guy from administration contacted me and said,  there will not be any need me to go legally for this kind of incident ,  as house administration will give me a solution soon . 

Result:  Inhabitants have been moved out. 

@john g. Its not easy to just like that to send people out of their apartments in germany , without the mutual consent from tenants .    This WG , has semester based contract system. Winter semester  starts September, and new contracts would be issued /renewed  or denied to be renewed.   Also, as per contract,  if inhabitants dont follow House Rules,   they can be denied for contract renewal in subsequent semesters.  

"Definitely not on streets"     Since, the city has quite number of WGs around... with the Hochschule, berufschule  located around...