Is "social justice" a good idea?

267 posts in this topic

If slaves really built America then why is the ex slave owning Democrat south far poorer than the non slave owning North?

HHere's how the South changed the name of its politics, but not the philosophy. 

Probably too long to read unless you're really interested.

With the advent of widespread air-conditioning, a lot of big businesses moved to the cheaper-labor South in the 60s. That was before big business realized they could make even greater profits if they moved off shore. The South became more and more Republican - Nixon's Silent Majority - but somehow the South is still full of poor people.

15 hours ago, keith2011 said:

robots are a disaster since only their owners benefit from the profits of their work

there are too many breakdowns in the comparison of robots to slaves.  it's like comparing a man to a hammer or some other tool.

2 hours ago, catjones said:

there are too many breakdowns in the comparison of robots to slaves.  it's like comparing a man to a hammer or some other tool.

But that was not my point and you have only included a part of my sentence in the quote which in full was:-

"It is not only an unemployment problem, economically slaves and robots are a disaster since only their owners benefit from the profits of their work they (the slaves and robots) consume far less than they earn leading to serious imbalance in supply and demand."

I was not comparing robots to slaves, I was pointing out that both have economic consequences!

20 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Read the post before mine and you'll get it right away, I'm sure, @john g.

Well, the post is probably in poor taste ( if it is referring to Mr Lloyd ) but your post is suggesting the poster should / could be subject to German law and face imprisonment for up to two years for defiling the memory of a deceased person.

Is that what you are calling for? How do you define defiling the memory of a deceased person?

Does that include  eg German serial rapists who have since died? Does that include defacing statues of dead people?

What are you suggesting?

@john g. That's the lovely part. Neither I nor you decide. The Staatsanwalt does. Isn't that great? You can just say that I, as a German resident, think this is problematic and then you let the justice system do its job without bias.

Certainly you can't find fault with that. That's why we pay taxes. Helluva thing this social contract.

I believe in democracy and the rule of law and justice  and all should be treated equally in the eyes of the law.

But you haven‘t really answered the question. 
Should the poster you referred to be subject to an investigation re paragraph this or that? You know, your personal opinion! Is his post a „ hate crime „ or whatever? And deserving of imprisonment? 
And would YOU refer his post to the police? I somehow guess you could be triggered to do so. But, of course, I might be wrong.

You say „ without bias „ re the justice system! Fine! That is the way it should work. But what triggered you to cite the laws? Your bias re what you didn‘t like to read?

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Well, the post is probably in poor taste ( if it is referring to Mr Lloyd ) but your post is suggesting the poster should / could be subject to German law and face imprisonment for up to two years for defiling the memory of a deceased person.

Is that what you are calling for? How do you define defiling the memory of a deceased person?

Does that include  eg German serial rapists who have since died? Does that include defacing statues of dead people?

What are you suggesting?

I absolutely answered the question by rendering the question moot.

What I personally am calling for is enforcement of the social contract without fear or favor. That is what I am calling for. That is all I am calling for. Are you calling for something less?

Your next post is just a tad edge-lordy and not worthy of response because it was merely meant to provoke and I am unbothered.

But, by all means continue. This stuff is gold.

No, you are not! You are indirectly insinuating a foreigner in Germany writing on a forum for foreigners in Germany could face imprisonment for writing an albeit clumsy/ insensitive post on this forum about a foreigner not living in Germany.

Is that what you want? Be honest and forget the official laws for the moment.

You have also not answered my questions about eg statue defilement. Why not?

No, @john g., don't get hysterical.  I am stating plainly that all people subject to the laws of Germany are also subject to the penalties of those laws. You are behaving as though you think that applying the laws to all people who are subject to them is a bad thing.

Things happen all the time in the law. Embittered ex-spouses report their former mates for tax evasion once in awhile, BUT nothing happens to the reported spouse if they did not violate the law AND the bitter ex may get in hot water if the nature of the wrong report is egregious enough.

HF99 claimed to have reported me for hate speech or some such, yet, here I sit with no issues with the law, pleasantly chatting online with you. I was not offended by his attempt. I was amused and unbothered because I am confident about my post's legality. Oddly enough you let that slide by without comment. What are we to make of that?

No idea about your tiffs with HF‘s posts or whatever. I am not the type of person - nerd or whatever - who can even find old posts!😂

I have enough problems with the overload of daily emails in my business life.

But or despite - back to business cos I am curious as to why you ignore the main thrust - should the poster you referred to face legal action- yes or no?

( Your reputation is at stake)

@john g. This has been asked and answered, but once more for the cheap seats: If the prosecutor finds a cause of action or and indictable offense, yes. If s/he does not, no.

I do not know how to put that in simpler language. Is it now clear?

No, not clear! Is the poster on here a candidate for gaol- yes or no? For writing a sarcastic post on this forum?

Who would know about it in Behoerdenkreisen?

@john g. We are going in circles. That is for a prosecutor to decide. Not me. Not you.

ETA:  Well, and a competent court with proper jurisdiction.  Mustn't leave that out. 

We are indeed going around in circles! You are not answering the question-should a sarcastic poster on this forum be faced with a prosecutor? Yes or no? Own up!

Just now, john g. said:

We are indeed going around in circles! You are not answering the question-should a sarcastic poster on this forum be faced with a prosecutor? Yes or no? Own up!

Asked and answered. The answer doesn't change because of badgering. That's called intellectual integrity.

Now, please stop badgering me because you aren't getting what you want. 

On 7/24/2020, 10:15:21, MikeMelga said:

You really think the problem with US police is using too much money?

Yes because that`s exactly what I said fuckwit.

FFS you were whining about the slogan being hijacked.

There have been demonstrations against police brutality a long time before someone came up with defund the police.

6 hours ago, catjones said:

That`s how many of them are treated by their employers.