Trash cans not provided by Landlord

45 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, knotheadusc said:


Yep...  she basically said we were the worst tenants she ever had, even though she was paid early every month and my husband is one of most accommodating people I have ever met.  She also yelled at me in my own home on more than one occasion.  She had an entire month of rent for an empty place AND Nebenkosten, and still, we’re “dirtbags“.  
 

She likes renting to Americans because we are often non-confrontational, ignorant of the language and laws, don’t tend to get insurance, and stay for a limited time.  I bet she was unpleasantly surprised that we had liability insurance...

 

And I’ll bet she was even more unpleasantly surprised that we had legal insurance...  (bwahahahaha). I can just picture the conniption now!  

Sorry, I’m still pissed.  

 

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will definitely look into the nebenkost thing. Even though it will cost me, i want to fight. Today within 3 days of moving out the landlord came to us saying we have to repaint the apartment - mind you, without even looking inside and its been 2 and half years and in the contract it says 5 years or more. Im done with his bull shit and he think he can simply get away with shouting. i did not have any sleep last night and im done. if he wants a fight i will give it to him. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ums said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will definitely look into the nebenkost thing. Even though it will cost me, i want to fight. Today within 3 days of moving out the landlord came to us saying we have to repaint the apartment - mind you, without even looking inside and its been 2 and half years and in the contract it says 5 years or more. Im done with his bull shit and he think he can simply get away with shouting. i did not have any sleep last night and im done. if he wants a fight i will give it to him. 

 

I wish you luck.  It’s been a long process for us, probably because of COVID-19.  We also reported our  ex landlady to the housing office in Stuttgart (we’re affiliated with the military).  This kind of crap is epidemic and the more people who give in to bullies, the more it will continue.  I commend you for fighting, if you can do it.  When I saw how ex landlady was acting, I got legal insurance and joined the Mieterverein.  Too many Americans won’t do that, either.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An update. Today the landlord came to me and said we have to paint. House looks like crap it seems. I spent 2 days making it spotless. He wants me to paint it before 31st July. And he will check on August 4th as he is going to vacation today. We have to put back the keys on 31st and wait for his approval or seems. I'm literally at the end of the line and I desperately need some support. Please can someone help me fight this idiot.  I have 72 hours to do something here. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ums said:

An update. Today the landlord came to me and said we have to paint. House looks like crap it seems. I spent 2 days making it spotless. He wants me to paint it before 31st July. And he will check on August 4th as he is going to vacation today. We have to put back the keys on 31st and wait for his approval or seems. I'm literally at the end of the line and I desperately need some support. Please can someone help me fight this idiot.  I have 72 hours to do something here. 

How long back you moved into the apartment? Was it freshly painted then?  Also how big is the apartment,ie how many rooms? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vivanco said:

How long back you moved into the apartment? Was it freshly painted then? 

2 years 6 months. Also he said it was freshly painted but it was not. Unfortunately I signed the ubergabeprotokoll when I joined in which it says it was renovated.  It's 2 rooms plus kitchen

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now