Trash cans not provided by Landlord

45 posts in this topic

I have been living in the current S*** hole for the last 3 years, very high rent and horribly small apartment and i just did not move out due to work reasons. Finally found a good apartment and i will be vacating my current residence in about 2 weeks. Suddenly my landlord locked up the room where all the trash bins are kept. For the past two weeks i have no where to dispose of my trash and its building up in my apartment. I don't want to fight with him now since i will be leaving his apartment in 2 weeks but what i do now? I have to dispose of the trash somehow right. Please help. Thank you.

Don´t get your blood pressure up, not worth it for the last few weeks, just drop the bags into the bins on the Autobahn like everybody else in such a situation.

put your trash in black trashbags, set them down right in front of the locked door, and give the landlord a friendly call/message. Say something like "I noticed you forgot to unlock the trash-door. At your earliest convenience, please stop by and open that door - and also, while you're there, please load my black trashbags into the bins. Thank you."

Can't you buy binbags your municipality will collect?

What about the other tenants? Have they been provided with keys? If so, why not ask one of them if you can borrow their key? Or put your trash in the bins when they are put outside for collecting.

1 hour ago, Ums said:

Please help.

Just bag it up take it away with you out of your flat and put it out for collection near to some other bins. ;)

People around here accidentally on purpose 'forget' a well-filled shopping bag at a bus stop or outside a supermarket - it's actually a bag full of rubbish. Though this is not because they don't have a key to their rubbish cupboard it's because they don't want to pay the rubbish tax. :rolleyes: 

On 7/15/2020, 12:08:33, fraufruit said:

Why would asking him for a key be fighting?

he feels every question i ask as prompting for a fight... :(

On 7/15/2020, 1:04:34, bramble said:

What about the other tenants? Have they been provided with keys? If so, why not ask one of them if you can borrow their key? Or put your trash in the bins when they are put outside for collecting.

others started throwing stuff infront of the locked door...may be i should also start doing that

On 7/15/2020, 12:58:28, jeba said:

Can't you buy binbags your municipality will collect?

I dont understand. Can we buy such bags? im not sure how things work here apart from using the actual bins for trash in germany

On 7/15/2020, 12:56:26, karin_brenig said:

put your trash in black trashbags, set them down right in front of the locked door, and give the landlord a friendly call/message. Say something like "I noticed you forgot to unlock the trash-door. At your earliest convenience, please stop by and open that door - and also, while you're there, please load my black trashbags into the bins. Thank you."

im leaving end of this month and im a bit scared to leave a passive agressive message like that. He has 2k euros of my deposit and im sure he is already thinking of how to create problems for that money... being alone its always been too hard here. 

On 7/15/2020, 12:08:43, slammer said:

Don´t get your blood pressure up, not worth it for the last few weeks, just drop the bags into the bins on the Autobahn like everybody else in such a situation.

thank you...

13 minutes ago, Ums said:

im leaving end of this month and im a bit scared to leave a passive agressive message like that. He has 2k euros of my deposit and im sure he is already thinking of how to create problems for that money... being alone its always been too hard here. 

just curious... are you the only tenant in this house? Are there other apartments besides the one you're vacating? Where do the other parties dispose of their trash, if the trash-house is locked? Doesn't every tenant have a key to that trash-house?

Strange place indeed - good thing you're moving out soon.

1 hour ago, Ums said:

I dont understand. Can we buy such bags? im not sure how things work here apart from using the actual bins for trash in germany

Where I used to live the municipality sold refuse bags which would be collected when the bins were emptied. You could get them at the local Wertstoffhof/recycling center or at the mayor´s hall. You´d have to ask your municipality or the company in charge of refuse collection.

59 minutes ago, jeba said:

You´d have to ask your municipality or the company in charge of refuse collection.

First stop would be their website. ;)

2 hours ago, Ums said:

others started throwing stuff infront of the locked door...may be i should also start doing that

Sounds like the other tenants also don't have a key. Yes, leave your bags there with the rest of them. It's the landlord's responsibility that you have access to the bins. Let the other tenants complain to the landlord. You will be leaving at the end of the month anyway and you will also receive a Nebenkostenabrechnung in due course for January 2020 to end of July 2020, in which your Müllgebühren for that period will be listed, which you will - of course - pay. In my opinion (unless he unlocks the door immediately) the collection of your rubbish is no longer your concern. 

On 7/21/2020, 1:33:41, bramble said:

Sounds like the other tenants also don't have a key. Yes, leave your bags there with the rest of them. It's the landlord's responsibility that you have access to the bins. Let the other tenants complain to the landlord. You will be leaving at the end of the month anyway and you will also receive a Nebenkostenabrechnung in due course for January 2020 to end of July 2020, in which your Müllgebühren for that period will be listed, which you will - of course - pay. In my opinion (unless he unlocks the door immediately) the collection of your rubbish is no longer your concern. 

Actually he never gives nebenkost bill. He just takes the money as all inclusive. Also I pay 150 euros every month. I asked him to fix the broken water heater and he said im pressuring him to fix it - I asked him to do it in 15 days. I did not have hot water at all and it was winter. He said he will take me to court. Im literally bullied into fear here since i dont speak german and im alone. Trust me when i say im counting seconds to move out of this shit hole...