Tonights homework question for you all

13 posts in this topic

Good afternoon folks,

I would be most grateful for a little help with my 8 year olds German homework, i`ve got one of them but the rest...

Many thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated.

Scan 42.jpg

@Asaba is there not a school book that goes with this?   Children should not have to rely on google for their homework. If the school has not suggested sources for information for goodness sake send it back uncompleted and explain why.  I got called to a special meeting with my daughter's teachers.  One of their issues was that she did not know what Maultaschen were.

Hey Acton, a bit of fun!

I´m not so hot in German so i thought i´d ask for a little help, if you don´t wanna help then no problem, chill out and enjoy your Berlin evening...

Also it is by herself ;)))

The singing bird should be the Goldammer and sun admirer the Eichhörnchen. The night wanderer some kind of Eidechse, I assume. The answers are in the picture.

6 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

I got called to a special meeting with my daughter's teachers.  One of their (yes 2 of them) issues was that she did not know what Maultaschen were.

Well, this is highly disturbing 👻.

7 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

One of their issues was that she did not know what Maultaschen were.

Poor kid. What are you feeding her? I actually like Maultaschen

3 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

The singing bird should be the Goldammer and sun admirer the Eichhörnchen. The night wanderer some kind of Eidechse, I assume. The answers are in the picture.

I'm impressed!  I don't know the names of most birds.

Ha, you being funny?  It was a roasting hot summer day.  Had 6 month with me.  They also said she had smeared chalk on the shirt of the difficult guy who sat next to her.  They had sat him there because she was kind.  Noone else would sit next to him.  And they had to bring me into the school to complain about her poor behaviour.  

16 minutes ago, engelchen said:

Poor kid. What are you feeding her? I actually like Maultaschen

I'm impressed!  I don't know the names of most birds.

My old buddy Tom „ da Bronx „ left New York about 40 years ago and eventually ended up buying a little cottage in a village called Kehdenbruch in ( Niedersachsen?).

He once told me the story of some villagers, curious about this newbie American with very little German back at the beginning.

Someone pointed to a tree and asked „ wie heisst dieser Baum auf Englisch?“

Tom: „ tree.“

„ Und der andere Baum?“

Tom: „ tree.“

A perplexed villager then asked: „ und wie heisst der Baum da hinten auf Englisch?“

Tom: „ listen, I don’t know, ok? I am from da Bronx- we don‘t have fucking trees there.“😂

15 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Der Pirat: Neuntöter, der Sänger-Star: Goldammer, die Stachelkugel: Igel, die Sonnenanbeterin: Zauneidechse, der Nachtwanderer: Steinmarder ;) .. 

9 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

Der Pirat: Neuntöter, der Sänger-Star: Goldammer, die Stachelkugel: Igel, die Sonnenanbeterin: Zauneidechse, der Nachtwanderer: Steinmarder ;) .. 

Well done Janx, we would have been looking for these all night, many thanks;))