Inkasso data on infoscore

10 posts in this topic

Way back in 2014 i had forgotten to pay my dentist for a filling. While going through some old papers in 2019, i realised i had not paid the Dentist yet and dropped an email to them apologising and offering to pay. The Dentist replied that their lawyers at "Medavo GmbH" have been taking care of the case and if i agree she would forward my email and address to them, and they would get in touch with me. I agreed to it.

It has been more than a year and Medavo GmbH never got in touch with me, i wrote them a letter as well to which they never replied. 

A few weeks back i applied for my Schufa score and infoscore, i see that Medavo GmbH is there on my file as "Vollstreckungsbecheid bzw. Vollstreckungsbescheids-Antrag vom 27.09.2014". 

How do i get them to send me the payment details, so i can pay what i owe them? Or should i leave as it is? In my defence i did try to get in touch with them to which they never replied.

The funny part is despite the unresolved issue, i never had a bank account/credit card/ Vodafone vertrag/ WG declined

Thanks in advance and stay safe

2 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

How did it get to the Vollstreckungsbescheid? Did you not receive a Mahnbescheid first? :huh:

Nope, i did not receive any letters from them (or from the Dentist) else i would have paid them already. 

And this is only on my infoscore data, my SCHUFA seems to be clean though with 97 score

And since 2014 I have changed my Bank, got a credit card, got a mobile phone and internet contract , was a witness to the police for 3 cases, got a  Niederlassungserlaubnis and been in/out of the country multiple times. Never had an issue

Doesn‘t an Inkasso debt warning become invalid/ expire ( verjähren ) in Germany after 3 years?

I am not a lawyer... just saying.

25 minutes ago, sanjay050284 said:

got a  Niederlassungserlaubnis and been in/out of the country multiple times. Never had an issue

These two things wouldn't be affected in any case.

Also you can get a credit cards and bank accounts in Germany without having had any credit history here at all. One of the first things we got in the mail here were credit cards - and we were not even resident. I'd merely bought a property here and it was only in my name - not my partner's. How the heck do they get hold of these things?! The mind boggles.

As soon as we'd done our Anmeldung we got the cards activated. 

As for bank accounts - they're available even if you're not a legal resident here. ;)

9 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

These two things wouldn't be affected in any case.

9 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

But i also did not have an issue with credit card, contracts etc... 

And with a  Vollstreckungsbecheid , I should have received a summon to the court isn't it? 

I have been trying to get in touch since 2019 for payment details (this includes a letter with einschreiben) and they have not bothered to reply 

3 minutes ago, sanjay050284 said:

But i also did not have an issue with credit card, contracts etc... 

And with a  Vollstreckungsbecheid , I should have received a summon to the court isn't it? 

I have been trying to get in touch since 2019 for payment details (this includes a letter with einschreiben) and they have not bothered to reply 

I'm not overly familiar with the exact procedure, but clearly you should have received something. 

The whole thing can't possibly be legally decided without you receiving some kind of official notice. You have to have a chance to react to the thing. 

Did you move and maybe mail went astray / wasn't redirected for a long enough period of time / wasn't redirected at all / your name remained on a letterbox at an old address?

16 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

As for bank accounts - they're available even if you're not a legal resident here. ;)

I had to produce my Aufenthaltstitel and the address bestatigung to open a bank account at both Sparkasse (Offenburg/Ortenau) and Commerzbank. The idiots at Sparkasse Rhö-Rhensteig (Meiningen) would not let me open an account or transfer my account from Offenburg to here but i guess i cannot expect something better from the ignorant people here 

But that is a story for another day :) 

3 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

I'm not overly familiar with the exact procedure, but clearly you should have received something. 

The whole thing can't possibly be legally decided without you receiving some kind of official notice. You have to have a chance to react to the thing. 

Did you move and maybe mail went astray / wasn't redirected for a long enough period of time / wasn't redirected at all / your name remained on a letterbox at an old address?

I was in the same address from March 2014 to March 2014. I had my name on the address box. September 2014, i changed my bank from Sparkasse Schwarzwald to Sparkasse offenburg. and received my card/PIN etc. Just that i never received anything from the Inkasso or the  Vollstreckungsbecheid

12 hours ago, sanjay050284 said:

I had to produce my Aufenthaltstitel and the address bestatigung to open a bank account at both Sparkasse (Offenburg/Ortenau) and Commerzbank. The idiots at Sparkasse Rhö-Rhensteig (Meiningen) would not let me open an account or transfer my account from Offenburg to here but i guess i cannot expect something better from the ignorant people here

Indeed. Different banks have different requirements and further still it also depends who you deal with. We had accounts here before we legally resided here, so it is possible.