Registering a new car using online services

7 posts in this topic

Dear all, 

I recently bought a new car, and would like to register it. In the past, I could just walk into the registration office (Zulassungstele) and register a new car (albeit a waiting time). Apparently in the city I live (Pfaffenhofen) you can't do that anymore, you can only do it after making an appointment. However, the appointments are 2 weeks away. 

I am wondering if there isn't any online regstration services. I did a quick google and came up with a few options. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Regards, 

Anita

I am also registering one, there is no online service for it, and an appointment is needed for anything at the rathaus (or wherever the zulassungstele is housed). I was lucky and got one just over a week later.

There are companies that will go to the Zulassungsstelle on you behalf to register your car for you for a fee, however, you need to give them your passport (which is why I ended up going myself). 

8 hours ago, engelchen said:

There are companies that will go to the Zulassungsstelle on you behalf to register your car for you for a fee, however, you need to give them your passport (which is why I ended up going myself). 

What if you don't have a passport?! :huh: 

If they lose it, do they cover the full costs of replacing it? :o 

On 7/10/2020, 5:07:22, Anita_anita said:

Dear all, 

I recently bought a new car, and would like to register it. In the past, I could just walk into the registration office (Zulassungstele) and register a new car (albeit a waiting time). Apparently in the city I live (Pfaffenhofen) you can't do that anymore, you can only do it after making an appointment. However, the appointments are 2 weeks away. 

I am wondering if there isn't any online regstration services. I did a quick google and came up with a few options. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Regards, 

Anita

I did it in June. I got the car dealer to do it for me, at no extra cost. They wanted a copy of my ausweis and needed the "insurance number" that you get from your insurance company which is proof that you're insured for the new car. Not only could I get that done, I could even transfer my car number from my previous car. When I was at the dealership collecting the car we waited for the woman from the Zulassungstelle to arrive with the plates and documents. 

Also my experience at having bought 2 cars at new cars dealers one used and one new. I negotoiated free registration into the deal and tuv and they took care od everything. I did have to leave my passport. Took about a week in berlin. Had no issues.

Thank you everyone. In the end th car dealer managed to sweeze in an appointment at the right Zulassungstelle and register my car. For 100 euros. A bit expensive, but it saved me of the pain of having to tow the car to a private parking, which would ahve cost just as much.