Car Hire or Transport - Riva Del Garda - Munich

5 posts in this topic

Looking to get from Riva Del Garda to Munich. One way with mtnbike. At end of July.

Rental car agencies average price is over 1000eur (yikes)(actually preference is car hire).

BlaBlaCar/etc seem out of business during corona times, and Deutsche Bahn is simply not convenient.

Any ideas ?

Unfortunately, any one-way rental is going to be expensive, especially when borders are involved.

You might try one of the other ride-sharing sites, like mifaz.de, mitfahren.de, or drive2day.de.

Drive there and back. Using Europ Car, pick up a Passat wagon in Verona on the 31st of July return on  2nd of August, kilometers inclusive, about 200 bucks...then take the train back...you might find a station closer, I just chose Verona for the convenience. 

and, of course...leaving the country might be a problem. but you never know...

I use the web site www.checkmybus.com for those kinda questions, its good because you get to flying, blablacar, rail and bus connections all on one page.

It can find nothing apart from a direct train from  Rovereto( which is like 25 km from Garda, maybe you could bike it :), if not I would think there will be a bus, check it )   to Munich from around 30 to 50 euro, taking 4 hours and 45 mins, direct - no changes. I know you said, you do not like the train, but it does not seem to bad to me - definitely more room in the train.

Capture.JPG.8d65a9d95a87aeebbd78ff8682b5

As for blablacar and other ride sharing, the later you leave it to book the high the chance you will get a ride - look in a week or 2 - near you expected travel date. For example there is a blablacar for tomorrow 11/7/20 going from  Via del Pesarol 1, Nago-Torbole  ( 1km from Riva del Garda ) to Munich 21 euro takes 4 hours 50 mins

2 hours ago, yesterday said:

I use the web site www.checkmybus.com for those kinda questions, its good because you get to flying, blablacar, rail and bus connections all on one page.

It can find nothing apart from a direct train from  Rovereto( which is like 25 km from Garda, maybe you could bike it :), if not I would think there will be a bus, check it )   to Munich from around 30 to 50 euro, taking 4 hours and 45 mins, direct - no changes. I know you said, you do not like the train, but it does not seem to bad to me - definitely more room in the train.

As for blablacar and other ride sharing, the later you leave it to book the high the chace you will get a ride - look in a week or 2 - near you expected travel date. For example there is a blablacar for tomorrow 11/7/20 going from  Via del Pesarol 1, Nago-Torbole  ( 1km from Riva del Garda ) to Munich 21 euro takes 4 hours 50 mins

Thanks very helpful yesterday : Rovereto is a great possibility ...