Was there no one to respond to my request?

10 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, my name is Mehran and I am Iranian. I have been living in Germany since 2017 and I have recently been living in Freiburg. Unfortunately my German is not good, my English too. I haven't found a friend or friends in Freiburg yet. I am looking for good friends to help me learn German, we can also spend our free times together and others etc. In short, I am looking for good and lasting friends. I will be happy to see messages from you, maybe we can be good and lasting friends for each other, please send me an E-Mail:

starting2020over@gmail.com

Best regards...

Hello everybody, I hope you are well.

I wrote a text here a few days ago and shared it but so far I have not received any response, aoesn't anyone want to respond to my request and write to me?

I will be very happy to receive an answer and help.

Thanks!

My previous post was written on this topic: I have just started living in Freiburg and I am looking for good and lasting friends!

There used to be meetup groups on this forum.

This website helped me a lot in Israel: meetup.com

Try this:

https://www.meetup.com/find/de--freiburg/social

Also, Freiburg does have a university, right? Look for the community there, the Uni is the place with the highest concentration of people from elsewhere looking for new friends.

TT can help some of the people all the time.   TT can help all the people some of the time, but TT can't help all the people all the time.

Cat Lincoln

Lack of a response is not something you should take personally - if you investigate a bit, then you will see that Freiburg is not a hotbed of activity as far as TT goes. IIRC then FB might be more helpful for you, I think Freiburg expats had several meetups going there.

I also suspect that TT consists of about a dozen people these days.

And half of them are one guy's alts, used to troll the other 6.

You were one of the lucky ones.

Most people get a response but usually along the lines of "fuck off" or "is this the Friday thread".