Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shame on you, Lufthansa

9 posts in this topic

The way Lufthansa is treating its customers with the refunds is really immoral...other airlines, who didn't receive any fat bailout, have refunded cancelled flights much faster.

These crooks (who are also responsible for the crash of the Germanwings flight on the Alps) instead are breaking the law by withholding money for a service that they didn't provide...another German company for whom the rules are flexible when it suits them.

If they can't survive without withholding these money...they deserve to go bankrupt.

Have a look at the Twitter and Facebook page...

I will boycott them until I get my money back.

You should boycott them forever :) seems like most of the companies etc are exploiting the current situation. I was looking to buy a car, so i saved some of those as pdf just to check if the price is reduced due to the 3% decrease in MwSt. The crooks have instead increased the prices...seems like mwst senkung will be disadvantageous for the consumer in the long run :(

21 minutes ago, syedalisajjad said:

The crooks have instead increased the prices.

are you accusing a car dealer of being unscrupulous?  What's next maklers?  what's the word I'm searching for.....?

8 hours ago, catjones said:

are you accusing a car dealer of being unscrupulous?  What's next maklers?  what's the word I'm searching for....?

not all but this certainly is the case...should i inform any authorities if i have a proof that the price was increased after 30 June? I am not sure whether that helps or not...

51 minutes ago, syedalisajjad said:

not all but this certainly is the case...should i inform any authorities if i have a proof that the price was increased after 30 June? I am not sure whether that helps or not...

There isn't a legal requirement for companies to pass on the 3% reduction in MwST to customers. Some businesses will (supermarkets) because they had a big increase in trade during the lockdown so they can afford to pass on the savings to customers. Some businesses won't (cafes, bars) as they were shut during the lockdown so have lost money and probably need the money in order to survive especially as there could be localised lockdowns (i.e. Gütersloh) at some point in the future, which will force them to close once again.

1 hour ago, syedalisajjad said:

They will just say the price was going to go up by 6%, before the cut, now they only have to put it up by 3 %, so the customer benfits B)

13 hours ago, syedalisajjad said:

I don't understand your problem, the car dealer can set any price he likes.

The Mwst will make no difference to the dealer at all, he is just a glorified Tax collector on behalf of the government, he can neither win or lose regardless of the Mwst being 16% or 19%,  he makes his money on the net sale of the car.

If someone is willing to pay his asking price then there is nothing wrong with that, or is there?

1 hour ago, Sir Percy B said:

I don't understand your problem, the car dealer can set any price he likes.

The Mwst will make no difference to the dealer at all, he is just a glorified Tax collector on behalf of the government, he can neither win or lose regardless of the Mwst being 16% or 19%,  he makes his money on the net sale of the car.

If someone is willing to pay his asking price then there is nothing wrong with that, or is there?

Sure they can set any price they like...but 3% reduction in mwst means that the price should be decreased and not increased...also, i have no issues with some small dealers doing this...what i wrote is about a famous car maker's dealership...

Plus i never said there is anything wrong with anyone willing to pay the asking price...i myself wouldn't do it if i knew what the asking price was before and after...have a nice weekend :)

8 hours ago, syedalisajjad said:

Sure they can set any price they like...but 3% reduction in mwst means that the price should be decreased and not increased...also,

In theory yes but they are under no obligation, and there is no law, to lower their price.

This was one of the arguments that the end user would not see the benefits.

So referring back to your original post

On 03/07/2020, 07:39:39, syedalisajjad said:

should i inform any authorities if i have a proof that the price was increased after 30 June? 

It doesn't matter how big or small the dealership is they have done nothing wrong.

Get over yourself, move on and get out and enjoy the weekend weather.😎