Help with HARTZ IV application

6 posts in this topic

I have been struggling since the Coronavirus made my occupation redundant, I have been trying to find any form of help regarding applying for HARTZ IV but due to my limited German I'm stuck with these horribly long forms and quite frankly I don't know what to do. Are there any organisations that provide low cost or pro-bono help with navigating the process, help with filing the applications in or around Frankfurt area. I've been living off savings but seriously concerned I'm about to hit rock bottom soon.

My wife is a file manager for the Job Center. I think it all depends on which case manager you get. Some will gladly try and help you and some dont care at all. They are all extremely overworked and stressed and get burnt out quickly and thats where you get the unhelpful ones. I think my wife has like 140 clients she has to manage, its a lot of responsibility to put on one persons shoulders. I guess basically all im saying is that they do have people to help you and its their job to do so but dont expect to get your hand held or have it done for you. 

If all else fails you can upload the forms you need to have translated to here and see whether someone will help.