Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Osteopath and chiropractor recommendations

3 posts in this topic

Hello

I think I have finally given up putting a brave face on things and I really need to get to a chiropractor or osteopath for my back pain. I have had some problems recently, trying to see a doctor so I want to make sure I go about this the right way. Do I need to be referred by a doctor? (I don't have a GP so I would need to sort out that first!) Is it normally covered by the medical insurance - I have the public insurance? And finally, can anyone recommend a really friendly, good, English speaking osteopath or chiropractor in Frankfurt?

Thanks in adance for any replies.

As far as I know the only advantage of getting referred from a GP is if you have already paid the quarterly €10 charge to the GP, then with a referral you won't have to pay again. Otherwise just turn up with your insurance card. The doctor will tell you which treatments are available on the Krankenkasse

If nobody can recommend someone just look in the front of the yellow pages for Ärtze Orthopädie and phone a few to enquire if the doctor speaks English.

I have a French guy in Kronberg ... very nice and speaks english. If you want his details let me know ... they're at home. I had to battle with my private insurance for them to pay it so I see little chance of the regular health insurance covering it.