Funny response by rente folks

11 posts in this topic

Hello Leute, recently I requested rente authorities to send me documentation of my pension account. And I got the attached response.

Any experienced eyes here; what to make of it?

Usually pension shouldn’t be difficult info to send. Or maybe it is. 

0965F61C-9A19-464B-89B0-D11B58091653.jpeg

They are working on it, kapil! Basically, it is probably worth nothing anyway. 

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

17 minutes ago, john g. said:

They are working on it, kapil! Basically, it is probably worth nothing anyway. 

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

I like the word... nothing :)

Just now, kapil354 said:

I like the word... nothing :)

It reminds me of the old joke-  what‘s the definition of nothing? A bladeless knife without a handle...

Just now, john g. said:

It reminds me of the old joke-  what‘s the definition of nothing? A bladeless knife without a handle...

You are on a roll my friend :)

43 minutes ago, kapil354 said:

John's response beat me too it, mine was nonsensical so I deleted it! :huh:

ha! all your very own fault ;)

you simply can't request "Renteninformation" before doing a "Kontenklärung"

I learned that the long way just a few months ago...

Coming back from the US, after working there for 14 years, Deutsche Rente (of course) had no knowledge of big part of my work history.
So the "Renteninformation" that they automatically send you every year pointed out that gap, and a call to Landesversicherungsanstalt educated me on the necessary steps: request "Kontenklärung".

You can do that all online, they'll ask for proof of any international work-history (in my case they requested my Social Security data, so they could contact the SSA). It took three months to process this Kontenklärung - but from now on my annual Renteninformation should be complete and accurate.

I wonder if the international pension money then flows into german system where it goes to the social pension net rather than an individual one. 

Lets assume you saved 5 mil. USD in your pension account (lets take that number for now :)) in US - then does that money flow into the german pension system. I doubt it. But then who knows.

Why would they need the foreign data of pension - is my question?