Employed and extra income

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am a software developer with a full time job. On my free time I have developed and Android app which I would like to publish at Google Play Store. That app has ads, which means I will get some extra income from it (even if it is a tiny amount).

So I was reading if I needed to register a business or something, so here is my question:

Do I have to register as a freelancer, self-employed or register a business? I am not sure if I understand the difference and which one applies to me.

Also, whenever I have to do my taxes, the taxes on my self-employed income are treated separately or do they add that to my full time job income and calculate them altogether? Do I have to pay taxes on the self-employed income even if it is a tiny amount?

Thanks in advance

I think I'd wait and see if there's any income.  No income = no business = no worries.

6 minutes ago, catjones said:

I think I'd wait and see if there's any income.  No income = no business = no worries.

Well, there will be income, although negligible... At which point can someone consider to make it a formality?

Thanks

1 hour ago, diyeys said:

Do I have to pay taxes on the self-employed income even if it is a tiny amount?

If it's less than €20'000 per annum, I wouldn't bother, it could be far more hassle than it's worth.

If it's just small change, don't worry about it.  No one is going to be checkig=ng your accounts forensically and asking about a few hundred extra Euros coming in each month.

I would wait and hope @PandaMunich ( tax consultant ) makes her professional comments- if she has time.

5 minutes ago, Sroka said:

If it's just small change, don't worry about it.  No one is going to be checkig=ng your accounts forensically and asking about a few hundred extra Euros coming in each month.

Exactly, - though of course first of all they have to come to know that these accounts even exist, which could be tricky if the account is not declared and/or not in Germany. :)