Neubau issues - advice on acceptance

3 posts in this topic

Good morning all,

So we took the plunge and bought a apartment from a reputable builder in Munich.   We got our date for acceptance and upon arrival the apartment was not ready.  They have blamed roadworks/corona which we latter then found out they had an agreement with the city council that they would of done two months ago.

To get the keys they told us we'd have to pay 100%, latter we found out this was not the case and we were meant to hold 3.5% back.  Now thats our own fault and I accept that.

My main concerns are, if we've paid 100% apparently i've been told we should be given the key, even if acceptance is not done, is this true?

Also do we have to accept the shared area before we accept the special area?  They are insisting on this and seem to be intent on getting it done before the end of the month which we assume is related to the VAT change or the fact we fall into another month over the contract terms.

The issue is the shared areas are only about 90% complete, i would say there is another months work.  Tomorrow we have to check the apartment over (engaged a surveyor based on past experience with this builder now).  As they want us to accept the special areas, but it seems they still want to push to pre-accept the shared areas.  The good thing is the other owners (most of) have not paid in full and are holding back their monies/signature for the shared areas.

Really appreciate any help as never experienced anything like this before.

Accept/sign off on what is finished and working and do not accept what isn't finished.

That's all I can come up with since they have your money already.