How to advertise that I want to rent a parking spot

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I live near Hohelufchaussee and Ependorfer Weg in Eimsbüttel. I am planning to buy a car soon. My apartment building has no parking space at all. The street parking seems almost impossible to find in this area unless I drive north quite a bit. So I have been thinking of renting out a parking spot on a monthly basis. I saw there is APCOA parking near Hoheluftbrücke station but it is 180 Euros per month which is pretty expensive.

There are people living in apartments who rent out their parking spots. It might be pretty tough to find someone willing to rent out their spot. But how do you advertise that you are looking for one? I am from Canada and don't speak much German. Also, there doesn't seem to be anything on Craiglist where I can post.

Any suggestions less than 80-100 euros per month would be great.

Cheers,

SKI

6 hours ago, skicanada said:

how do you advertise that you are looking for one? I am from Canada and don't speak much German. 

Write in English parking spot looking advertisement and post it on notice board, with permission, in your apartment block. Additionally post similar search post in the notice board of the nearest supermarket. 

Thanks everyone. That ebay link is perfect. Saw a few posting and have already messaged. Will check for Facebook groups. Could not find anything on Facebook marketplace.

Use the message boards at your local Rewe Edeka Penny Budni etc.