Riots in Stuttgart

187 posts in this topic

Stuttgart is almost as bad as Berlin or Hamburg.  Surprised?   "Forty percent of Stuttgart’s 600,000 residents (or 60 percent of people under the age of 18) come from abroad, twice the national average.  "

These arseholes give strength to the Far Right. What was their bitch about?

Edit-alleged drug offence by someone.

So, cops attacked and businesses/ shops attacked. Local shops owned by eg Turks , Africans , attacked?

Own goal?

27 minutes ago, garyh911 said:

Stuttgart is almost as bad as Berlin or Hamburg.  Surprised?   "Forty percent of Stuttgart’s 600,000 residents (or 60 percent of people under the age of 18) come from abroad, twice the national average.  "

It seems to have kicked off  when a young German was arrested for drugs.  Midsummer night and lots of young people out and about partying with nowhere to go.  Half of those arrested were Germans.

Indeed, snowingagain. They are lucky they are not in the USA, Latin America, Africa, much of Asia. The guy who shouted „ fuck the police, fuck the system „ could have reckoned with a bullet.

That‘s in the real world.

Is Stuttgart a city where the cops have beaten the peaceful protesters like in Putin's Russia (Stuttgart 21 protests)? No surprise that there is zero respect for police there.

If cops wanted to be respected like Bavarian police they should behave like a community police, not like a state sponsored mafia.

Please do not put the Parkschützers and the rioters in the same category. There is absolutely no excuse for the riot in Stuttgart yesterday or the attack on the police  officers.

FYI: The parkschützers were atttacked by a police force from Bavaria. German police never deploy the local police force for such things as they may have to deal with their neighbour or their child‘s teacher. If you don‘t know the people you are dealing with you act differently.

4 hours ago, garyh911 said:

That's a lot of people to get bored with being treated like 2nd class residents.

3 hours ago, john g. said:

Indeed, snowingagain. They are lucky they are not in the USA, Latin America, Africa, much of Asia. The guy who shouted „ fuck the police, fuck the system „ could have reckoned with a bullet.

That‘s in the real world.

Nah.. Protesters are shouting that on every other corner in the USA at the moment.

4 hours ago, john g. said:

These arseholes give strength to the Far Right. What was their bitch about?

Edit-alleged drug offence by someone.

So, cops attacked and businesses/ shops attacked. Local shops owned by eg Turks , Africans , attacked?

Own goal?

Yes own goal. It makes no sense to alienate a growing sub-section of your population when that is the group that you will be beholden to before long. Makes no sense whatsoever. And that goes doubly for the generally older far-right who will need those youngsters in their dotage.

5 hours ago, garyh911 said:

What's your point?

7 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Half of those arrested were Germans.

12 out of 34 doesn´t make a half. And 3 of those 12 are Germans with an immigration background according to the police press conference.

2 hours ago, catjones said:

What's your point?

Let me guess he meant that the percentage of immigrants/foreigners among youngsters is too high.

6 hours ago, White Rose of Yorkshire said:

There is absolutely no excuse for the riot in Stuttgart yesterday or the attack on the police  officers.

Where were riots, attacks on police officers, burning of grocery stores and pharmacies justified and who would be justified in doing such things?

The people who joined the mob or watched the events of the past two weeks with a certain degree of Schadenfreude may be disappointed when the mob turns on them.  

This does not end well.  

3 hours ago, jeba said:

And 3 of those 12 are Germans with an immigration background 

So, not real Germans, you mean?

It depends. I don´t know how they got German citizenship. Someone who was raised outside German culture is probably not a "cultural German". That´s one point. Another is that with stricter immigartion policies there would have been a chance their participation in the riots could have been prevented. Plus you could expell them if found guilty.

10 minutes ago, jeba said:

Plus you could expell them if found guilty.

No you can't. Because Germany usually requires that immigrants give up their previous citizenship when they get German citizenship, and because the constitution (and various international treaties) prevent making someone stateless, in reality for most people with German citizenship, the likelihood of them being expelled is zero.

EDIT to add: As it should be, german = german, there are no second-class citizens.

53 minutes ago, pappnase said:

Because Germany usually requires that immigrants give up their previous citizenship when they get German citizenship,

Well, my point has always been (remember the double citizenship thread?) to increase the hurdles to citizenship to make sure (as far as possible) that immigrants with poor "social prognosis" (for lack of a better translation for "Sozialprognose") can  become citizens. That´s what I meant when I wrote immigration policies. I should rather have written immigration/citizenship  policies"."

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Of course, I'm the real racist for pointing out jeba's racism, but I can live with that.

Just for the records: Neither have I accused you of racism nor am I racist myself.

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Even if you hold a German passport, you're not a German if you're the "wrong" kind of German.

To me criminals like rioters and looters are the wrong kind of people. No matter what citizenship. I´d gladly expel them even with a German passport and even if they are ethnicly and culturally German if this was an option. Maybe Germany should buy Sibiria from Russia for that purpose or ask Australia whether they still have vacancies in Nauru they would sublet.