Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mannheim - Choosing a neighborhood

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm moving to Mannheim in a couple of months and I'd like to know which are the coolest neighborhoods there, regarding night life. I've already research "the best neighborhoods", but people only talk about it generally, considering only safety and supermarkets and parks nearby.

I assume that you don't plan to come to Mannheim to work or to study there.

I would suggest you to move to Berlin. Ma is not a party town.

I googled "Mannheim clubs" and found the site Visit Mannheim which is in  English . There you can find out about nightlife, and see in which areas there are clubs and such. If that is what you are after:).

34 minutes ago, bezzo said:

Hi everyone!

I'm moving to Mannheim in a couple of months and I'd like to know which are the coolest neighborhoods there, regarding night life. I've already research "the best neighborhoods", but people only talk about it generally, considering only safety and supermarkets and parks nearby.

The areas are the Quadrat, where the apartments are either really expensive or really tiny and gross, and Jungbusch, where the apartments are bigger, but the neighborhood is a bit seedy, I lived 9 years in Neckarstadt Ost and it was fine, but not for partying.

4 hours ago, bezzo said:

I'm moving to Mannheim in a couple of months and I'd like to know which are the coolest neighborhoods there, regarding night life.

Seriously? You are moving in the middle of a global pandemic and you want to choose your neighbourhood based on the nightlife it had? :blink:

Due to social distancing measures clubs are not allowed to open in the traditional sense (theoretically they can sell food and drink to go) and there is no telling which clubs, discos, restaurants, etc. will manage to survive. Although all businesses will definitely not reopen, it is not possible to predict which ones will and what will happen to the formerly successful establishments that close.

5 hours ago, AlexTr said:

The areas are the Quadrat, where the apartments are either really expensive or really tiny and gross, and Jungbusch, where the apartments are bigger, but the neighborhood is a bit seedy, I lived 9 years in Neckarstadt Ost and it was fine, but not for partying.

Thank you very much, that is exactly what I wanted to know!

For the other ones that were not in the mood of really helping: I am an Engineer and I am coming to work.

That doesn't mean I can't have fun outside the office. If your life is only your job, I highly suggest to rethink your choices.

Yes, we are in a pandemic, but when it's over I don't want to find my self in the middle of nowhere.