Permanent residence permit for a blue card holder when there is unemployment gap

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would like to know if an unemployment gap in the 21 month required to get the permanent residence permit is problematic ?

Scenario:

John, a blue card holder, worked at company 1 for 20 months then he lost his job. Since John is a blue card holder he has 3 months to find a new job.
After 1 month John found a new Job at company 2. After working 3 months at company 2 now John wants to apply for the permanent residence permit since he has B1
level in German.
Will the 1 month gap of unemployment between the two jobs will rise a problem ? is there a risk in any scenario that John needs to start counting the 21 months starting from the
second job instead because of the unemployment gap ?

Any official reference will be highly appreciated

Thank you

On 6/11/2020, 11:29:01, Ala me said:

Will the 1 month gap of unemployment between the two jobs will rise a problem

No.

On 6/11/2020, 11:29:01, Ala me said:

is there a risk in any scenario that John needs to start counting the 21 months starting from the
second job instead because of the unemployment gap ?

No.

There might be two other problems though:

1. During probation Ausländerbehörde will refuse your application. In Germany it is usually 6 months, so John should wait until then.

2. The data about John's pension payments usually updates only once a year. So if John requested this information, he would get the data till 31.12.2019. 

In the attachment a part of my data. You can see that I changed the job but with no gap. 

vv.jpg

@GoldenJoe I understood. During the job search time with a blue card, 

Will applying for ALG1 benefits for 3 months affect the process of Niederlansung?

@GoldenJoe I understood. During the job search time with a blue card, 

Will applying for ALG1 benefits for 3 months affect the process of Niederlansung?