Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help with importing car to UK

1 post in this topic

Has anyone got experience in bringing a car to the UK and registering it? I am going crazy trying to do that. I filled the NOVA form for HMRC. Now I'm trying to register it, which I'm doing through the V355-5 form
https://assets.publishing.service.g...-and-registration-of-a-used-motor-vehicle.pdf
‘Application for first vehicle tax and registration of a used motor vehicle’. The information required is unbelievable. Ive managed to fill most of it using their guide and from my EC Certificate of Conformity but several boxes cannot be filled because the certificate doesn't have that information e.g. Vehicle family identification number - not even the dealer knows what that is.
Then there is a list of Supporting Documents that are required, some of them adding "Where Appropriate". How do I know if it's appropriate?
The worse part is their statement that if the form and documentation are not complete, they will return the application. Even scarier is the statement "Note: we do not return original non-UK registration documents or certificates". I need those so I can return my plates to Germany and deregister the car.
Any help will be gratefully accepted.