Travel to the US and back.

202 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2021, 5:12:35, yesterday said:

When ever I get tested in Germany, I just show my UK passport, they look at it and give me a free test. 

They do not scan it in or do any validation on it, to show I am indeed a resident in Munich

So i think its free to everyone

Ok I think the issue is that at the test center right by my place, they ask for your health insurance information to bill them. With my mom, we went to another place by the HbF. So, maybe it's just this test center here that asks for insurance because it's an offshoot of a doctor's office.

On 18.8.2021, 09:19:03, kaffeemitmilch said:

Update: mom transited LHR easily, and only needed that Antigen test that was no more than three-days old, plus the British passenger locator form and the CDC's COVID form for the US.

Errr, what is the "CDC's COVID form for the US"? Are you talking about the Attestation form that must be completed and shown to the airline before boarding the plane? Or is there something else you need? Makes me wonder what else I missed.

Folks,

I just included this information on another post about covid tests.  I'm in the US and was in Berlin a couple weeks ago.  I needed a negative covid test for my flight back to the US.  I signed up for the free Buergertest (Schnelltest) at:  https://covidzentrum.de/der-corona-pcr-express-labortest/  I signed up online and put the address of where I was staying in Berlin.  I also put my US passport number in for identification.  At the test center, they checked my passport, did the test and 15 minutes later received an email with the results.  I went to a copy center and printed the documents for my return flight to the US.  

They also have two different PCR tests for 49,90 and 69,90.  I only needed a Schnelltest for the return flight to the US.  It was free.  I am not a German citizen nor do I have residency permit.  I was visiting same as a tourist.  

S.

So, I figured out I don't need a Covid test to enter Germany from the US (a high risk area) because I'm fully vaccinated. Sannerl gave me a nice little diagram covering that.

But about about getting on the plane itself? Is vaccine and mask enough? Am I overthinking this?

Did anybody vaccinated recently fly to Germany from US without needing a test?

einreise.jpg

Metall,

I'm from the US and visit Berlin a couple times of year (if I can).

I flew to Berlin from Washington Dulles on July 26th.  For my flight to Berlin I needed either 1) a negative PCR test within 72 hours of my ARRIVAL in Berlin or 2) proof of vaccination.  

For my return flight to the US, I did a Schnelltest at the https://covidzentrum.de/der-corona-pcr-express-labortest/ CovidZentrum the day before my flight.  I printed the results at the local copy center.

In the US you can get a free PCR test at CVS and Walgreen's. 

S.  

S.  

42 minutes ago, Shenandoah said:

I flew to Berlin from Washington Dulles on July 26th.  For my flight to Berlin I needed either 1) a negative PCR test within 72 hours of my ARRIVAL in Berlin or 2) proof of vaccination.  

Thank you, that tallies with our research. I'm carrying proof of full vaccination, so no test needed for the US - Germany flight.

The reason I'm asking so exactly is that in this remote part of the US the Walgreen's, CVS etc. tests are already hopelessly booked out, way past my return date, leaving me with $200+ tests at the airport.

7 hours ago, Metall said:

Thank you, that tallies with our research. I'm carrying proof of full vaccination, so no test needed for the US - Germany flight.

I can understand your trepidation, but I believe you are currently fine with only proof of full vaccination. Official govt sites:

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/einreiseundaufenthalt/coronavirus

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Transport/Archiv_Risikogebiete/Risikogebiete_aktuell_en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

Glad you got to go.  Have a safe trip back.  

Don’t forget to fill out the Einreiseanmeldung. The US is now is the middle category, “high risk countries”. So in addition to your vaccination proof, fill in the form the day before you travel.

Hi Metall, you are on the right track. I flew from the US to Germany the other day, and it was a struggle to read all of the information from the airline. Lufthansa had no additional requirements beyond the ones listed as coming from the German authorities.

Most people on the plane were wearing surgical masks. Only a few were in FFP2 masks. Cloth masks were not allowed.

8 hours ago, MollyWolly said:

Don’t forget to fill out the Einreiseanmeldung. The US is now is the middle category, “high risk countries”. So in addition to your vaccination proof, fill in the form the day before you travel.

This is the English version of the Einreiseanmeldung for Germany! Can be filled out 1-3 days before entering Germany, no sooner:

https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de

And thank you, Sannerl, MollyWolly, Whynot, Beth, Shenandoah for all the help... traveling these days requires a research team. :D

Since I'm flying with American, I installed their Verifly app, and their checklist confirmed all of the above.
The only sticky part was I has to PHOTOGRAPH the EU vaccination QR codes and submit them for manual review, as the app refused to scan said codes. But all was quickly accepted. :)

On 8/25/2021, 1:43:47, Metall said:

no test needed for the US - Germany flight.

agreed.  flew Boston to Frankfurt on August 26 -- proof of vaccination was enough for Lufthansa.  Used EU "digital" covid certificate.  uploaded a pdf of it to Einreisemeldung.

1 hour ago, DoubleDTown said:

agreed.  flew Boston to Frankfurt on August 26 -- proof of vaccination was enough for Lufthansa.  Used EU "digital" covid certificate.  uploaded a pdf of it to Einreisemeldung.

Oh, where did you get the digital vaccination certificate? I got paper QR codes after my shots - I scanned into the CovPass app and now have a vaccination QR code in the app that cannot be sent or transferred anywhere else.

-> Had to photograph and upload.

2 hours ago, Metall said:

Oh, where did you get the digital vaccination certificate?

Here (BW) I had to go the pharmacy with my bit of paper from Impfzentrum as their QR codes were not compatible with the RKI website.  And the pharmacy gave me a EU certificate of vaccination with the new QR code and all my information in paper form.  (And the new QR code also compatible with RKI app obvs).

6 hours ago, Metall said:

Oh, where did you get the digital vaccination certificate? I got paper QR codes after my shots - I scanned into the CovPass app and now have a vaccination QR code in the app that cannot be sent or transferred anywhere else.

-> Had to photograph and upload.

when I got vaccinated I got stickers and initials in my yellow Impfausweis.  I took that to an Apotehke with my I.D., and they gave me an A4 piece of paper with a QR code on it that says EU Digital Covid Vaccination Certificate.  So it is analog in that it is a piece of paper, but digital in that it has a QR code with my name, birth date, and the vaccination details.  I uploaded a pdf of that certificate with the einreisemeldung

13 minutes ago, DoubleDTown said:

when I got vaccinated I got stickers and initials in my yellow Impfausweis.  I took that to an Apotehke with my I.D., and they gave me an A4 piece of paper with a QR code on it that says EU Digital Covid Vaccination Certificate.  So it is analog in that it is a piece of paper, but digital in that it has a QR code with my name, birth date, and the vaccination details.  I uploaded a pdf of that certificate with the einreisemeldung

Ahhhhh, THAT's it! I have the same paper - and have been uploading photographs of that. :)