Black BAME and POC supporters of Trump

824 posts in this topic

Just now, jeba said:

You don´t get it. Indianer has no negative connotation in German language.

No, you don't get it. Your feelings don't matter one little bit when it comes to this word. It is offensive. Move on.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

102918730_10158420766725768_8440517426934998778_n.jpg

A German colleague once told me Neger ist just "our word" for black person, and the whole time I was in a panic looking around to make sure no black people were around to hear what he was saying.

Just to double check something from earlier today from Dessa- the acceptable term in 2020 in the US is American Indian? And is First Nations the acceptable term instead of the old-fashioned tribes in the US context? 

2 minutes ago, CincyInDE said:

A German colleague once told me Neger ist just "our word" for black person, and the whole time I was in a panic looking around to make sure no black people were around to hear what he was saying.

Well, he was right. It´s simply derived from the Latin word "niger" which means black.

1 minute ago, CincyInDE said:

Ditto. Even better are the ones who say that it can't be racist because it's a French word, not an English word, so it has a totally different meaning.

Fuck that and the whole "Das wird man ja wohl noch sagen dürfen" crowd.

Just now, jeba said:

Well, he was right. It´s simply derived from the Latin word "niger" which means black.

You're doing it again, troll.

1 minute ago, john g. said:

And is First Nations the acceptable term instead of the old-fashioned tribes in the US context? 

If you ask Germans what First Nations means most won´t know.

1 minute ago, El Jeffo said:

Fuck that and the whole "Das wird man ja wohl noch sagen dürfen" crowd.

Go ahead and help growing support for the AfD. That´s what you´re doing with that attitude.

2 minutes ago, jeba said:

Go ahead and help growing support for the AfD. That´s what you´re doing with that attitude.

*le sigh*. It's you and your apathetic bullshit that's supporting the AfD (whose support is currently declining btw, in light of their recent infighting as to whether they want to go full Nazi or just be Nazi-light, in case you haven't been paying attention to current events. Aw, who am I kidding - you've obviously ignored the last decade at least...).

But go ahead and keep insisting that I and others should simply ignore you (through technical or manual means) if we disagree with your views. It's that kind of apathy and failure to speak up in the face of overt racism that has brought us to where we are today.

I'm done with you now. I've spent far too much time trying to teach the unteachable already.

7 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

But go ahead and keep insisting that I and others should simply ignore you (

Another of your inaccuracies. I never insisted you ignore me. I just said you´re free to do so - you won´t stop me from posting my view.

7 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

It's that kind of apathy and failure to speak up in the face of overt racism that has brought us to where we are today.

Calling something racis t doesn´t make it racist - no matter how often you repeat it.

Just now, jeba said:

Calling something racis t doesn´t make it racist - no matter how often you repeat it.

The racist person do not get to decide if he himself is racist.   That's not how it works.

If you intentionally do things that the majority of people think are racist then you are a racist.  You insist that because you think those words are not racist then the offended person should not be offended.   An on top of that you said that the problem is saying the words when the offended person is present, if they are not around then it is OK.

34 minutes ago, jeba said:

call my friend by his nickname of "Ossi"

Friend being the important part there.

What people call each other amongst friends is up to them.Some of the stuff we call each other at work would be classed as racist,xenophobic and downright disgusting if they were said to strangers.

6 minutes ago, Krieg said:

If you intentionally do things that the majority of people think are racist then you are a racist. 

I don´t think a majority will find my posts racist.

You insist that because you think those words are not racist then the offended person should not be offended.

Yes, unless they have reason to assume otherwise.

An on top of that you said that the problem is saying the words when the offended person is present, if they are not around then it is OK.

Are you suggesting I shoulkd use wording that someone around might find offensive?

6 minutes ago, jeba said:

I don´t think a majority will find my posts racist.

I am sure a lot of people think Nigger/Neger is not a nice word.

6 minutes ago, jeba said:

Are you suggesting I shoulkd use wording that someone around might find offensive?

Yes.  If I know you do not like to be called a midget then why should I do it.  And specially you should not use words that the majority of people find offensive.

2 minutes ago, Krieg said:

you should not use words that the majority of people find offensive.

He doesn't care about respecting other people. He only cares about getting to do what he wants and damn the social and institutional repercussions of his disrespect. Let him. Somebody will tell him directly and in person.

23 minutes ago, Krieg said:

I am sure a lot of people think Nigger/Neger is not a nice word.

Nigger isn´t - even to me. Neger to me sounds neutral but outdated. But we were talking about Mohrenkopf and Negerkuss anyway.

23 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Yes.

??? You are suggesting I should use offensive language? I said

I guess you meant to say no?

17 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

He doesn't care about respecting other people.

That´s what you think. But you´re wrong.

42 minutes ago, john g. said:

Just to double check something from earlier today from Dessa- the acceptable term in 2020 in the US is American Indian? And is First Nations the acceptable term instead of the old-fashioned tribes in the US context? 

FYI

New terminology (since i was in school, anyway) re. North America  :  in Canada the official and legal terms are :   First nation, Inuit and Métis.