Black BAME and POC supporters of Trump

824 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

being_racist_ruined_my_future.jpg.359595

Typical neo Marxist tactic.  It was used in Yugoslavia very effectively in the early years with the help of mob intimidation, a network of spies and brute force.

Basically anybody who didn't fall in line with the party was accused of being a nationalist or fascist sympathizer and was sacked from work or school while insulted, humiliated and often physically assaulted by a select group of coworkers.  Sound familiar?  Just replace nationalist with racist and there you have it.

The fact that you subscribe to an ideology that has killed over 100 million people in the 20th century and rely on mob intimidation, fake news and giant tech monopolies to censor everything you don't like is a sign that you are on the wrong side of history.  Ain't that right Karen?

1 hour ago, J0ker said:

Typical neo Marxist tactic.  It was used in Yugoslavia very effectively in the early years with the help of mob intimidation, a network of spies and brute force.

Basically anybody who didn't fall in line with the party was accused of being a nationalist or fascist sympathizer and was sacked from work or school while insulted, humiliated and often physically assaulted by a select group of coworkers.  Sound familiar?  Just replace nationalist with racist and there you have it.

Sadly you`re right but don`t seem to think it counts for both sides of the political spectrum.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

Sadly you`re right but don`t seem to think it counts for both sides of the political spectrum.

Oh it does but one has more power than the other.  However what happens if the tables are turned and the far right (and by far right I mean REALLY far right) eventually get power (and by power I mean control of all branches of government,  Silicon Valley, media, academia,military, federal law enforcement)? 

People participating in cancel culture should look up what happened to informers after the lists were made public following the fall of the Iron Curtain.  He may have thought he was doing his civic duty in 1968 by reporting his neighbour who said "Russians should leave Czechoslovakia" but when the mob came after him in 1995 there were no Russians to save him.

17 hours ago, john g. said:

You have lost me there!🙏🏻👍🏼

No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.

Yogi

2 hours ago, J0ker said:

Oh it does but one has more power than the other.  However what happens if the tables are turned and the far right (and by far right I mean REALLY far right) eventually get power (and by power I mean control of all branches of government,  Silicon Valley, media, academia,military, federal law enforcement)? 

Nowadays yes.But do you honestly believe those tech people,media people actually care about the protests ?

They only care because it hurts their image thus income.

As for the Right not having the power,just remember the McCarthy era,Jim Crow and probably more I can`t think of at the moment.

2 hours ago, J0ker said:

People participating in cancel culture should look up what happened to informers after the lists were made public following the fall of the Iron Curtain

Cancel culture is not the problem.it`s when cancel culture goes too far of which I gave an example of elsewhere in this thread.

Confederate flags,statues celebrating people who many their money from slavery,I have no problem with them being cancelled.

It gets silly when someone digs up someones post from years ago when they were a kid and wants them cancelled even though they apologise and have grown up etc.

19 minutes ago, john g. said:

U turn in the renaming of the Mohrenstrasse U-Bahn in Berlin? A cock up after all?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53348129

It´s ridiculous anyway. What´s next? Ban eating Mohrrüben and force breweries, pharmacies or hotels with "Mohr" as part of their names to be renamed and do away with the Sarotti-Mohr? Will they ban Shakespeare´s "Othello, der Mohr von Venedig"? Only because some activists decide that the term is offensive?

Maybe Waterloo Station in London if someone decides the name is anti- French!! ( Even though Waterloo is in Belgium.)

28 minutes ago, jeba said:

It´s ridiculous anyway. What´s next? Ban eating Mohrrüben and force breweries, pharmacies or hotels with "Mohr" as part of their names to be renamed and do away with the Sarotti-Mohr? Will they ban Shakespeare´s "Othello, der Mohr von Venedig"? Only because some activists decide that the term is offensive?

According to this article ( but cannot make any comments about its accuracy )- the Moors were not only black but of a heterogeneous  background.) The main point - they were Muslim and path- breaking in the sciences, architecture etc.   https://africanholocaust.net/moors-black-history-or-black-mythology/

On 08/07/2020, 18:54:05, Keleth said:

But do you honestly believe those tech people,media people actually care about the protests ?

The mob is being encouraged for political purposes, so yes, they care about how the protests can help advance their political agenda.

As for the Right not having the power,just remember the McCarthy era,Jim Crow and probably more I can`t think of at the moment.

Were you alive back then?    Jim Crow laws were enacted by Democratic state legislatures by the way, so the one dimensional left/right analysis is lacking.

Cancel culture is not the problem.it`s when cancel culture goes too far of which I gave an example of elsewhere in this thread.

Confederate flags,statues celebrating people who many their money from slavery,I have no problem with them being cancelled.

Most historical figures were imperfect.   Many were model citizens in their own era, but the norms of the past seem backwards today.  

It gets silly when someone digs up someones post from years ago when they were a kid and wants them cancelled even though they apologise and have grown up etc.

From my point of view, it is not a question of where to draw the line because the cancel culture is a downstream effect of poltical tribalism.     It is all about power.

I don't know why a bunch of free market fanboys would be against cancel culture. It's the ultimate in free market activity. Someone brings an idea out to the marketplace and it gets accepted or shut down.

It's basically libertarian.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

I don't know why a bunch of free market fanboys would be against cancel culture. It's the ultimate in free market activity. Someone brings an idea out to the marketplace and it gets accepted or shut down.

It's entirely ridiculous that the party/movement that would have you forget slavery, Native American genocide, and Jim Crow laws complains about "cancel culture" anyway. It's just another tactic intended to divide Americans into tribes that hate each other.

Nobody wants to cancel anything. It's about identifying and eliminating systematic racism.

If you oppose the elimination of racism, that says it all, I guess.

4 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Nobody wants to cancel anything. It's about identifying and eliminating systematic racism.

It is about disempowering political rivals.   Eliminating racism is the marketing spin to convince the mindless mob to follow along.

Note that people like Justin Trudeau, Ralph Northam, Jimmy Kimmel, Sarah Silverman, and Jimmy Fallon have all dressed up in black face.    As long as they stay loyal to their political tribe, it is no problem.   

5 hours ago, AlexTr said:

It's basically Puritanical.    It's an ad hominem argument on steroids. 

14 hours ago, balticus said:

Were you alive back then? 

What exactly is your problem,has your brain some sort of fuckwit system or are you merely just as people on here keep saying someone who is nothing other than some mindless drone who sits behind a keyboard and cannot actually think for themself but rather if he can`t google it or it disagrees with their viewpoint just comes out with some total and utter bollocks.

Basically what you`re saying is no one should comment on history if they weren`t alive when it took place ?

Jim Crow laws were enacted by Democratic state legislatures by the way , so the one dimensional left/right analysis is lacking.

Did you know Lincoln was a Republican ? Fuckwit.

Are you trying to say the Democrats (now or in history) are not a right leaning party ?

Are you seriously saying the Democrats are left wing ?

If you think that then you must think the Republicans are far right ?

From my point of view, it is not a question of where to draw the line because the cancel culture is a downstream effect of poltical tribalism.     It is all about power.

Here you go again trying to sound intellectual but actually not having a clue.

Let`s use an example from this board when someone told Dessa to go back home and people called for them to be banned and Dessa had banned them.

Was that political tribalism is or was it merely merely not wanting racist shit on this board ?

3 hours ago, balticus said:

Eliminating racism is the marketing spin to convince the mindless mob to follow along.

Colin  Kaepernick ?

@fraufruit: Speaking of racism and the like, I came across this post of yours in relation to the coronavirus:

"We're in a hotel where a group of Chinese are staying. The lift is broken. I haven't been touching the hand railings on the stairs. :rolleyes:"

That's quite a politically incorrect statement for someone who seems to pride herself on being so liberal, progressive and anti-racism. Imagine if Trump said it!

18 hours ago, Keleth said:

What exactly is your problem...unhinged rant.

Having a good day?   :lol:

Basically what you`re saying is no one should comment on history if they weren`t alive when it took place ?

Comment away.   From what you have told the board, your experience involves travel to suburban Atlanta for work in a city named after a slave owner.   Carry on.

Did you know Lincoln was a Republican ? Fuckwit.

Are you trying to say the Democrats (now or in history) are not a right leaning party ?

Are you seriously saying the Democrats are left wing ?

If you think that then you must think the Republicans are far right ?

Help me understand what you wanted to communicate with respect to left and right because you have not linked it to anything tangible.  

Here you go again trying to sound intellectual but actually not having a clue.

Let`s use an example from this board when someone told Dessa to go back home and people called for them to be banned and Dessa had banned them.

Was that political tribalism is or was it merely merely not wanting racist shit on this board ?

I never saw the post with the invitation to go back anywhere, and context is important.    I have seen enough racist, homophobic, and sexist (remember SmurfLee?) language on the board to notice that banning and timeouts are absolutely tribal.   

Colin Kaepernick ?

A decent quarterback from what i have heard.    What about him?   

From a purely business perspective, the NFL and the NBA are going to self destruct by turning games into political platforms.    What those players say and do outside of game time (as long as it does not impact their performance or violate contract terms) is their business.    When spectators are forced to listen to a political demo or sermon before and possibly during the game, people will lose interest.   

26 minutes ago, GerardB said:

I came across this post of yours

as in, my desk is stacked with TT postings and they're scattered across my cell floor; I reached for my quill pen and "I came across this post of yours"?

41 minutes ago, catjones said:

as in, my desk is stacked with TT postings and they're scattered across my cell floor; I reached for my quill pen and "I came across this post of yours"?

I genuinely did stumble across it a while back and was waiting for a suitable opportunity to post it.