Black BAME and POC supporters of Trump

798 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, AlexTr said:

No, @El Jeffo,  I think @Rushrush means erase history the way no one in the world remembers who won the American Revolutionary War because George Washington tore down a statue of British King George.

Nope, no one remembers that history at all. It's like King George never existed. But

That’s an interesting link, Alex!👍🏼
Also interesting is the fact that - according to the historian - the people were following an old English tradition eg Charles 1 and his statue.

I guess a worldwide tradition if people were pissed off enough!

11 hours ago, balticus said:

How many times is the N-word used in that movie, smart guy?   

A few pages back you argued that people who associate with racists and racism are themselves racists.

🤪

I`m sorry but did you really just compare a movie to real life ?

Whatever credibility you had left has just crawled down your leg and ran away from you.

9 hours ago, balticus said:

No - thinks that it is ironic for Keleth to use content from a movie which frequently uses words he finds so offensive.   

You never learn.   

Do you actually know what happens to the people in that movie who use the N word ?

I`m actually nearly speechless with your utter stupidity on the subject of movies and real life.

You should look up Samuel L Jacksons views on the N word in film if you feel like educating yourself on it.

5 hours ago, Rushrush said:

The hatred, anger and violence of many of the Antifa and their white Liberals supporters protesters is astounding. There corrected. I separate BLM (anti capitalist Marx Lenninist) and protests against police brutality. It's a mi or but extremely important distinction. Also of you look at the videos they are mostly white people. I 

There is no difference between the hard left and the hard right.They use different excuses to suppress and destroy but they have the same aim in that they want what they want and anybody who doesn`t want that should not exist.To use an example and not wanting to Godwin this thread but Stalin was no better than Hitler.

What you have to remember is that there is BLM  and the BLM organisation.The everyday people out there supporting BLM as a statement that actually means black lives matter in that they want blacks on an equal footing to whites,they don`t want black to be elevated above whites and white history to be erased.

There are many republicans out there with good intentions (none of them seem to be in govt though) and have no problem with POC.

But in both cases the extremists from both sides are always the ones who are highlighted by the media and the other side.

5 hours ago, Rushrush said:

What is muddying the waters is the whole cancel culture that wants to remove all trace of history. 

Not really sure what you getting at here.Removing statues and place names named after Confederate "Heroes" is not cancel culture.

Removing their names etc from history would be cancel culture.

However there is a cancel culture at the moment.

This  https://thecritic.co.uk/charity-boss-fired-after-criticising-black-lives-matter/ is cancel culture gone mad.The man did more for POC than probably 99% of the people who campaigned against him.

There are many other examples out there.

9 hours ago, Keleth said:

Do you actually know what happens to the people in that movie who use the N word ?

It's Tarantino so a lot of brutal grisly deaths - the same thing that happens to those who don't use the N word.    

I`m actually nearly speechless with your utter stupidity on the subject of movies and real life.

Kindly take a chill pill and quit handing out accusations of prejudice like candy. 

You should look up Samuel L Jacksons views on the N word in film if you feel like educating yourself on it.

Whatabout, whatabout, whatabout, whatabout.    I am not apoplectic and telling people which words they can and cannot use.   Go ahead and "educate" us.    :lol:

8 hours ago, Keleth said:

I`m sorry but did you really just compare a movie to real life ?

:o

Are you unaware that art and media influence attitudes and opinions and when you normalize certain language usage or behavior, it propagates negative attitudes towards various groups?     Apparently not.      Would you find it appropriate to post memes from "Mandingo" or quote songs from the Rolling Stones like "Brown Sugar" and "Some Girls"?   Those are not real life, but certainly reflective of racists attitudes which were accepted decades ago, but no longer. 

TT's top Outrage Olympian uses a quote in his profile rank from a film which produced the very outdated piece below.    He truly picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.   

22 hours ago, Keleth said:

There is no difference between the hard left and the hard right.They use different excuses to suppress and destroy but they have the same aim in that they want what they want and anybody who doesn`t want that should not exist.To use an example and not wanting to Godwin this thread but Stalin was no better than Hitler.

What you have to remember is that there is BLM  and the BLM organisation.The everyday people out there supporting BLM as a statement that actually means black lives matter in that they want blacks on an equal footing to whites,they don`t want black to be elevated above whites and white history to be erased.

Thanks, you put it much better than I could of, especially on the ipad! 

I know dozens of middle class skilled BAME / POC First generation migrants who are against mass migration from their own (and certainly other) Developing countries.

That is likely very true, sachss. In the Brexit issue in the UK, there was a percentage of eg British Asian pro- Brexit voters. Not sure of the percentage but why would that be? To make it easier on a global immigration stage to get friends and relatives over from Asia without the hassle of „ EU citizens „ first. Betcha that.

Plus general middle class and working class  insecurity re competition for their own jobs, status. housing market etc .Wanna bet?

No reason to think BAME people are any different to anybody else at a time of insecurity ( even pre- corona.)

Surprise Surprise the mayor, the one who loves Antifa, doesn’t care

I (Andy Ngo) recently made a good-faith offer to meet with Mayor @tedwheeler one-on-one & off-the-record to inform him (& his team) about the domestic terrorist entity that has been allowed to fester & grow in his city under his watch. 

My offer was acknowledged—and rebuffed.

https://twitter.com/mrandyngo/status/1280158535708368896?s=21

16 hours ago, Rushrush said:

Surprise Surprise the mayor, the one who loves Antifa, doesn’t care

I (Andy Ngo) recently made a good-faith offer to meet with Mayor @tedwheeler one-on-one & off-the-record to inform him (& his team) about the domestic terrorist entity that has been allowed to fester & grow in his city under his watch. 

My offer was acknowledged—and rebuffed.

https://twitter.com/mrandyngo/status/1280158535708368896?s=21

Does anyone know why the northwestern United States became such a hotbed of radical leftist politics?

On 01/07/2020, 20:30:37, john g. said:

The SYSTEM was blatantly racist, oppressive and dehumanising. There are examples of white South Africans who were liberals and anti-racist.. I have met some in my life. Mostly in London, though...and a while ago.

For those who don´t know...the Basil D´Óliveira affair and subsequent sporting boycotts of South Africa also played a role long term in the dismantlement of the system. NOT the major role but it " hurt" many South African sports fans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%27Oliveira_affair

I DON‘T believe in collective guilt, though. You could never live anywhere in the world with that thinking. But human systems often need progressive rethinking. Where do we stand? Where do we go from here to improve the lives of the vast majority of us?

Hate doesn‘t work. 

If it makes it easier, think of it as "collective responsibility".

20 hours ago, john g. said:

That is likely very true, sachss. In the Brexit issue in the UK, there was a percentage of eg British Asian pro- Brexit voters. Not sure of the percentage but why would that be? To make it easier on a global immigration stage to get friends and relatives over from Asia without the hassle of „ EU citizens „ first. Betcha that.

Plus general middle class and working class  insecurity re competition for their own jobs, status. housing market etc .Wanna bet?

No reason to think BAME people are any different to anybody else at a time of insecurity ( even pre- corona.)

What is that "insecurity" that you use there a euphemism for?

Is there a shortage of (affordable) housing in the UK? Yes or no? if "yes" then it is a bit more than just "insecurity".

7 minutes ago, claudeyc said:

If it makes it easier, think of it as "collective responsibility".

I can see a case for both personal and collective responsibility. I can have my own principles  ( and I do ) even in a society certain principles I hold are not adhered to.

And I do reckon each of us has a moral obligation to stand up to injustice as a member of a society.

10 minutes ago, claudeyc said:

What is that "insecurity" that you use there a euphemism for?

Is there a shortage of (affordable) housing in the UK? Yes or no? if "yes" then it is a bit more than just "insecurity".

I wasn‘t thinking of a euphemism when I wrote that. At a time of economic uncertainty, most wage earners and self-employed are worried about their jobs, keeping their clients, feeding their families, keeping a roof over their heads. Nothing new about that or even bound to any particular country or society.

There seems to be a shortage of affordable housing in Britain both to buy or rent ( based on what I read ). That‘s when politics needs to find a constructive role through political decisions which can alleviate that. 

But WHAT is your point?

1 hour ago, john g. said:

There seems to be a shortage of affordable housing

Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

3 hours ago, john g. said:

Oh dear! Does it? Why dat?🥱😜

because housing is so affordable there is none available.