Black BAME and POC supporters of Trump

798 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, bramble said:

Thanks. I've just signed the petiition included in that link for legal recognition that the term "Neger" is racist. 

https://www.change.org/p/rechtliche-anerkennung-dass-der-begriff-neger-rassistisch-ist-bmfsfj-bmjv-bund?use_react=false

That petition is ridiculous in my view. You can´t tell people what they have to associate with a specific word. I get a sense that youre arguing as if I was defending the right to insiulte somebody based on their skin colour when I´m only saying that the word Neger to me seems only outdated but not pejorative. No petition will change the association / connotation people are having. And I´m sure that where I´m from I´m not the only one - at least in my age group - who doesn´t think it is. Trying to mandate how people have to speak sounds Orwellian to me.

5 minutes ago, Keleth said:

I would not get into an argument about the results of court cases etc with Alextr.

Unless you have a damn good legal mind you`ll get owned.

Not to worry, I´m done with that issue. It´s blown out of proportion and I´ve had enough of it now.

1 minute ago, jeba said:

... I´m only saying that the word Neger to me seems only outdated but not pejorative...

Wow! Just. Wow!

How utterly racist.

@bramble: "What are you on about? Have you had to stay at home at all since we became aware of the virus? I haven't."

Bars, restaurants, schools, universities, etc. all had to shut their doors because of the coronavirus. The lockdown in Germany might not have been as severe as in other countries but still.

20 minutes ago, jeba said:

That petition is ridiculous in my view. You can´t tell people what they have to associate with a specific word. I get a sense that youre arguing as if I was defending the right to insiulte somebody based on their skin colour when I´m only saying that the word Neger to me seems only outdated but not pejorative. No petition will change the association / connotation people are having. And I´m sure that where I´m from I´m not the only one - at least in my age group - who doesn´t think it is. Trying to mandate how people have to speak sounds Orwellian to me.

I am in general for free speech and opinions. There are just certain connotations with certain words which just don‘t sound right. I also don‘t like it when my partner Nicole, who is German, has been called a Nazi a few times in our part of Hamburg by Turks ( born in Germany ) just because she‘s German.

3 hours ago, jeba said:

The court linked above by somebody ruled otherwise.

6 hours ago, balticus said:

21 hours ago, GerardB said:

The courts interpret the law. That's very specific and narrow. They don't define what racism means to the general population.

15 minutes ago, john g. said:

I am in general for free speech and opinions. There are just certain connotations with certain words which just don‘t sound right. I also don‘t like it when my partner Nicole, who is German, has been called a Nazi a few times in our part of Hamburg by Turks ( born in Germany ) just because she‘s German.

Strange that I so often nhear negative stories about Turks. Where I´m from (Würzburg) they don´t seem to be problematic. Those I have been dealing with have all been okay (with one single exception of a tenant who often doesn´t pay his rent).

@Keleth: All I'm saying is that it's very disturbing when people's freedoms are taken away from them all over the world in the name of fighting a virus and everyone plays along. We need to be vigilant that we don't head in the direction of a police state.

2 hours ago, jeba said:

Strange that I so often nhear negative stories about Turks. Where I´m from (Würzburg) they don´t seem to be problematic. Those I have been dealing with have all been okay (with one single exception of a tenant who often doesn´t pay his rent).

In our part of Hamburg, the „ turf wars „ amongst the youngsters are between the „ Turks „ and the „ Russians.“ 

All my Nicole‘s son‘s friends are Turks and Russians ( and from other parts of the ex- Soviet Union ), his girlfriend also being from Siberia. 

dessa_dangerous: "cute.  You haven't seen nothing yet. Keep it up, "Gerard"."

That sounds like some sort of threat. Are you a bully, too?

1 hour ago, GerardB said:

dessa_dangerous: "cute.  You haven't seen nothing yet. Keep it up, "Gerard"."

So, first, when you quote someone quote them properly lest everyone be forced to think you are the lowest kind of coward.

Also, as a moderator,  @dessa_dangerous is akin to the police you seem to love so much. Are you saying police are bullies?

6 hours ago, GerardB said:

No, I'm (generally) (hopefully) not a bully.

You may interpret my comment as a threat, but it was intended more as a warning.

None of us were born yesterday and we know you're BMurphy who was banned out of here for asking me to move back to Africa.

It would be lovely if you would fuck back off under the rock from whence you came, but as long as you roam freely, you'll be kept on a short tether.  

More facts than threats I think.

17 hours ago, jeba said:

True. However, it´s not up to you to decide what constitutes racism!

Oh, man - white privilege!

8 hours ago, AlexTr said:

So, first, when you quote someone quote them properly lest everyone be forced to think you are the lowest kind of coward.

Also, as a moderator,  @dessa_dangerous is akin to the police you seem to love so much. Are you saying police are bullies?

If that´s the case she should maybe do a bit more of policing and act against ad hominem attacks and insults, some of which probably would constitute cause for criminal charges.

18 minutes ago, jeba said:

If that´s the case she should maybe do a bit more of policing and act against ad hominem attacks and insults, some of which probably would constitute cause for criminal charges.

:blink:

1 hour ago, jeba said:

If that´s the case she should maybe do a bit more of policing and act against ad hominem attacks and insults

Why would any moderator kill the golden goose?    Offering a place for disaffected, chronically angry expats to mob others is TT's core business.    :lol:

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Why would any moderator kill the golden goose?    Offering a place for disaffected, chronically angry expats to mob others is TT's core business.    :lol:

youknow-what-this-is-its-the-worlds-smallest-violin-playing-51915141.png