Black BAME and POC supporters of Trump

824 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, john g. said:

Is it only me or am I the only one who doesn‘t like the word „ coloured“?

In South Africa it´s an official classification term. If you´re coloured you e. g. need better marks to get into University than a black applicant but not as much better as a white one. That even goes for South African pilots to pass the exams for their license (AFAIR not actually the marks but how often you can repeat the test).

8 hours ago, claudeyc said:

Not sure which "we" you mean. "Hun" possibly?

You mean my British neighbour may actually calls me Hunney rather than Honey as I´ve assumed? :lol:

8 hours ago, Namu said:

Isn't that a bit authoritarian and controlling?

"Nein, because OP doesn't mean it that way" ...

22 minutes ago, claudeyc said:

"Nein, because OP doesn't mean it that way" ...

Thanks God, I can relax.

On 30.6.2020, 08:33:45, jeba said:

No, I don´t believe you. As it so happens just an hour ago I was listening to a Deutschlandfunk radio broadcast in which the word "Neger" was used. And it wasn´t racist but about the anniversary of independance of the DRC from Belgium in which Belgian colonial rule was critised for e. g. having killed 50% of the native population.

People don´t look up Duden definitions before speaking.

I would like to know what broadcast on DLF that was because I somewhat doubt this was the actual presenter saying it. Or someone in the news. In fact, DLF had a number of shows on colonial rule and the request of a number of African countries demanding the return of cultural artifacts recently. Sometimes, they had interviews or quoted historical texts. That is the only context I can imagine, in which Deutschlandfunk might use the word "Neger". 

People probably don't look up Duden definitions, but most go through life with some semblance of awareness and will notice sooner or later, that people look at them funny or are offended when certain words are used. My 90 year old grandmother won't change her ways. She kept using "Neger" and "Zigeuner" to the end. But we made sure she knew people would consider it offensive. So she'd say it and then go "oh, I shouldn't say that anymore, right?" That was good enough for me. 

19 hours ago, jeba said:

My point is that you can´t paint people using these words without any intending to discriminate anyone as racist.

Maybe not, but I can consider them ignorant and insensitive. Especially after they have been told numerous times that it is offensive. 

20 hours ago, Namu said:

There are many more native speakers than you. I am one and I tell you that the word is discriminatory and should not be used. As bramble said: Please stop definding the usage of that word and please adapt to modern times.

This! Thank you. 

Man, with all the times jeba's had his ass handed to him in this thread, it's a wonder he has any place to put them all.

It's asses all the way down.

5 hours ago, jeba said:

You mean my British neighbour may actually calls me Hunney rather than Honey as I´ve assumed? :lol:

Indeed. As the saying in the UK goes - "beware of the dumb pun" :lol:

14 hours ago, jeba said:

The word Neger isn´t much of a problem to avoid because it´s outdated anyway. But there are word compositions like Negerkuss, Negerlein ("10 kleine Negerlein...") or other allegedly discriminatory words like Mohr which are still in use and which to avoid would take a conscious effort. Which I would be reminded of making if I was talking to a black or coloured person but not when talking to Caucasians. And I don´t feel like being constantly on the watch to make sure someone doesn´t feel insulted even if I had no intention of insulting them. If someone had a problem with that (which for the last 63 years I haven´t experienced) I´d explain that I had no intention of insulting and apologise for accientally having done so. But as I said - it has still to happen to me. So you´re making mounains of molehills.

Do you know what a "closet Nazi" is?  A person who normally hides he is a Nazi except when he is in front of his Nazi pals.  A closet Nazi wouldn't normally accept he is a Nazi but behaves like a Nazi all the time.

Do you see the analogy?   According to your own words (just to avoid your baby-outcry "Do not put words in my mouth"), you would not use discriminatory and racist words if the potentially offended people are present, those offended people according to your own words are chosen by you depending on their skin color.   But you would freely use those discriminatory words among your white pals.

To me you sound like a closet racist.  Or a giant asshole who uses the words just to stick it to the society because you can and you have freedoms an no one can stop you.   To be honest, I think it is probably the latter.

35 minutes ago, Krieg said:

To me you sound like a closet racist.  Or a giant asshole who uses the words just to stick it to the society because you can and you have freedoms an no one can stop you.   To be honest, I think it is probably the latter.

I don´t know how to live with that - but I´ll give it a try.

1 hour ago, maxie said:

I would like to know what broadcast on DLF that was because I somewhat doubt this was the actual presenter saying it.

As I wrote it was maybe an hour before I postet about it (I was cycling on my exercise bike so I only overheard it as some sort of background music). You can check at their website. It was a report on the independence annicverary of the DRC.

5 minutes ago, jeba said:

I don´t know how to live with that - but I´ll give it a try.

Good that you agree with me.

9 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Good that you agree with me.

Not excactly. I´d rather regard civil to not deliberately insult someone. And on that you seem to disagree.

1 minute ago, jeba said:

Not excatly. I´d rather regard civil to not deliberately insult someone. And on that you seem to disagree.

OK, I take back the "asshole" word since it offends you so much.   The funny thing is that you are offended by the word, while accepting the rest (which  is the REAL bad part).  Unbelievable. You are a walking German stereotype.  

7 hours ago, jeba said:

In South Africa it´s an official classification term. If you´re coloured you e. g. need better marks to get into University than a black applicant but not as much better as a white one. That even goes for South African pilots to pass the exams for their license (AFAIR not actually the marks but how often you can repeat the test).

Is that true about the different standards for university admission and pilots' exams for those of different races? If it is, it's a bloody outrage.No wonder white South Africans have left the country in droves in recent years and decades.

59 minutes ago, GerardB said:

Is that true about the different standards for university admission

Yes, my girlfriend´s son is classified coloured and had different admission requirements for University than blacks or whites based on that. Therefore, I know that first hand. About different requirements for pilots I was only told by an acquaintance who sold his business (airport construction) because he would have been excluded from public tenders because he´s white. It´s official policy called BEE (Black Economic Empowerment).

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

OK, I take back the "asshole" word since it offends you so much.   The funny thing is that you are offended by the word, while accepting the rest (which  is the REAL bad part).  Unbelievable. You are a walking German stereotype.  

Again, as so often (remember my Thai girlfriend?) you´re making things up. As I don´t like the kind of wording you seem to prefer I´ll rather keep quiet. Apart from that: I wouldn´t see anything wrong with being a German stereotype.

2 hours ago, jeba said:

As I wrote it was maybe an hour before I postet about it (I was cycling on my exercise bike so I only overheard it as some sort of background music). You can check at their website. It was a report on the independence annicverary of the DRC.

Maybe you would be so kind as to check at their website for us as you heard the broadcast and so would know what to look for. After all, we only have your word for it. 

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

He did not say that is was only the asshole part. Did you inquire about his religious orientation or his familiy background or anything else before insulting him the way you did? Or dont you need to do that since you are one of the Gutmensch and they are always right?  Go on dreaming getting the whole world united against the virus and stop insulting everyone.

33 minutes ago, jeba said:

About different requirements for pilots

Will there be a remark on SAA's flight schedules, when the captain fulfills different requirements (a diploma in withcraft e.g.)

27 minutes ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

He did not say that is was only the asshole part. Did you inquire about his religious orientation or his familiy background or anything else before insulting him the way you did? Or dont you need to do that since you are one of the Gutmensch and they are always right?  Go on dreaming getting the whole world united against the virus and stop insulting everyone.

So you're happy defending a blatant racist? The guy who said that POC with German passports aren't really German?

Noted.