living in Viernheim

4 posts in this topic

Hallo there,

I am considering buying a home in Viernhiem, close to the innenstadt (within 1km) and starting a family there. I am African and fiance is German. Is there anyone with experience living in Viernheim? Quality of life, social amenities, crime (where/what crimes/ which areas are worst affected), good schools, good restaurants etc etc.

Any advice/information would help before making this life long decision of buying a home.

Also, my partner works in Ludwigshaffen, and I in Darmstadt. Any other suggestions of good cities in-between the 2 we could consider?

Thank you for your help

Have a look at the public transport: Viernheim is on the number 5 line, (commonly called the OEG), the circle tram running between Mannheim - Weinheim - Heidelberg - Mannheim.

Weinheim is  on the OEG as well,  but also has a proper DB train station  with direct trains to Darmstadt. Commuting will be easier from Weinheim.

You mention schools. There are some good elementary schools, and three schools for secondary education. One of the is half-private, meaning a small fee.

Crime : Check here  https://www.presseportal.de/blaulicht/r/Viernheim

Thanks Christine. 

This helps. 

Have you ever lived in Viernheim? Any comments on that? 

Regards

Tanys