Abroad Germany more than 6 months with Aufenthaltstitel because of COVID-19, how to return?

5 posts in this topic

I live in Darmstadt, Hessen but am currently abroad (in my homeland) and cannot travel back to the city at the moment owing to the travel restrictions because of the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak. My temporary residence permit (Aufenthaltstitel) in principle lapses if I stay abroad continuously for longer than six months (Section 51 (1 No 7) Residency Act). I left Germany on 20th October, 2019 and my 6 months abroad completed on 20th April, 2020. Since February, 2019 I am trying to reach Ausländerbehörde Darmstadt and they did not answer my query and I have also contacted with local German Embassy, who told me first contact with the Ausländerbehörde Darmstadt and later when I told them that they are not replying, the local German Embassy asked to to wait until the situation gets better, which I do not see any sign. I am outside of Germany it is about 8 months now. Please tell me what should I do? It is most important for me to return to work.

Stop cross-posting and opening new threads!

Nobody here can tell you what the authorities will say.

2 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Stop cross-posting and opening new threads!

Nobody here can tell you what the authorities will say.

OKay, Aren't these discussion forum!!?? People Share their experience!??

According to BAMF (federal authority for migration and refugees affairs):

Personen mit deutschen Aufenthaltstiteln, die sich derzeit im Ausland aufhalten und aufgrund der aktuellen Situation keine Möglichkeit haben, innerhalb der sechsmonatigen Frist zurückzukehren, kann noch vor Ablauf der Frist eine großzügige Fristverlängerung gewährt werden.

Bitte wenden Sie sich diesbezüglich umgehend an die zuständige Ausländerbehörde .

https://www.bamf.de/DE/Startseite/_documents/corona-migration-und-aufenthalt.html

You should call Ausländerbehörde ASAP, by phone, not by E-Mail.

@Asiathanks a lot. I got the solution, your links really helped. For other people, who will face problem like mine solution would be like this: please contact with the related ausländerbehörde or respected city as soon as possible. Email hardly work, better try to reach them by phone. And also write in details an email to them, attaching all the required and valid documents, also mention the contact officer's name, and your personal details. Hope it will work, and in consideration of COVID-19, you may receive a Bescheinigung.