Hairfall clinic.

28 posts in this topic

Members,

I went to a skin doctor for hairfall and doctor given me the medicine under privatrezept. Stating that hairfall comes under cosmetics and my public insurance wont able to cover it.

Is it so.?

With all dermatologist in Germany with hairfall treatment.?

Hair coming out (unless it is from an illness), is normally seen as cosmetic treatment, so not essential which is why insurances will not cover it. 

1 hour ago, bloom said:

given me the medicine

Name it, please...

1 hour ago, bloom said:

Members,

I went to a skin doctor for hairfall and doctor given me the medicine under privatrezept. Stating that hairfall comes under cosmetics and my public insurance wont able to cover it.

Is it so.?

With all dermatologist in Germany with hairfall treatment.?

It depends on the kasse and the type of medication.  If the dermatologist prescribes you something on a pink prescription that the kasse doesn't cover, I think the dermatologist ends up paying for it himself.  Go to your kasse and ask them if they cover any medication for this at all.  If they don't, then you know.

Normally you will always have to pay the presciption fee. I have an auto immune disease which causes hair loss. I have medication that is paid for by my health insurance, but always have to pay the presciption fee myself which is normal in pretty much every country.

(Assuming you are 20 plus and male and from your profile Indian and also assuming it is the usual male pattern baldness)

Embrace the bald! There is no fighting it. Accept it with grace and make it part of your identity :)

I know there are hair transplants and what not nowadays, but as a fellow baldy I could never imagine putting myself through that.

P.s : The above is just my opinion. You do whatever makes you happy!

Don't forget - us females can spot a comb-over, transplant, rug a mile away.  Male pattern baldness needs respect, cut it short or shave!  Many sexy bald/ near bald men.

Start with Patrick Stewart!

You can try Rogaine/Regaine to reduce the fall... seems to work on some guys. Don´t go for the hormonal treatment, you can become impotent.

4 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Don't forget - us females can spot a comb-over, transplant, rug a mile away.  Male pattern baldness needs respect, cut it short or shave!  Many sexy bald/ near bald men.

I thought you would be into Bruce Willis 🤗.

1 hour ago, RedMidge said:

At least men have this option. Being bald!

For women hair loss is a big taboo. Finding a hair cut that hides it or a decent wig...Especially if you are still young!

Yes it is true it is considered a cosmetic thing, but alopecia is not taken seriously and often joked about. It doesn't always just effect the hair on the head either. Eyebrows, eyelashes, hair on arms etc.. can all be effected.

48 minutes ago, Anna66 said:

For women hair loss is a big taboo.

In this day and age, a lot of women would be happy if they had definite hair loss in some specific regions... Just saying... 

2 hours ago, RedMidge said:

Don´t forget Lt. Ilia, she was bald and a hottie.

2 hours ago, RedMidge said:

Ok, in your opinion, does Elon Musk have a transplant?

1 hour ago, Anna66 said:

For women hair loss is a big taboo. Finding a hair cut that hides it or a decent wig...Especially if you are still young!

Yes it is true it is considered a cosmetic thing, but alopecia is not taken seriously and often joked about. It doesn't always just effect the hair on the head either. Eyebrows, eyelashes, hair on arms etc.. can all be effected.

I have seen a woman with tattooed on eyebrows.  It looked normal from a few meters away. 

3 hours ago, Anna66 said:

Normally you will always have to pay the presciption fee. I have an auto immune disease which causes hair loss. I have medication that is paid for by my health insurance, but always have to pay the presciption fee myself which is normal in pretty much every country.

Yes, he's not on about the 5-10€ prescription fee.  His doctor gave him a private prescription so he had to pay the full price.

Wait. As this is the 2nd thread on "hair fall" in as many days, is hair fall or hairfall a British phrase? I had assumed from the other thread that it was just the OP's translation from his native language.

11 minutes ago, BobbyDigital said:

Wait. As this is the 2nd thread on "hair fall" in as many days, is hair fall or hairfall a British phrase? I had assumed from the other thread that it was just the OP's translation from his native language.

It's the name of the next Bond film.

3 hours ago, BobbyDigital said:

When the lady who introduced my parents spoke of my dad, she used the phrase "receding hairline" :D