Suing employer for discrimination / wrongful firing

25 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Daytraeumer said:

I am not sure if any of the insurance / tax payment can be requested when leaving Germany for good.

Yes, you can file a tax return and as you didn´t work for the full tax year you´ll get a partial refund. You can also claim back your contributions to the pension fund.

7 hours ago, LeonG said:

Once you are receiving benefits you can apply to have them transferred to another EU country you'd like to seek work in. If approved, you go there and register for unemployment there within a week of arriving and get your German benefits there for up to 3 months.

Third country nationals are not able to have ther ALGI benefits transferred. 

42 minutes ago, engelchen said:

Third country nationals are not able to have ther ALGI benefits transferred. 

Is it based on nationality alone or new country of residence also? If a third country national moves to another EU country (or Switzerland, Iceland, Norway) for example?

6 hours ago, jeba said:

Yes, you can file a tax return and as you didn´t work for the full tax year you´ll get a partial refund. You can also claim back your contributions to the pension fund.

Thank you @jeba this is good news.

These updates left me with following questions if you guys could help me understand please 

• In my last Verdienstnachweis, there is an amount next to "Rentenversicherung". Is this the pension fund amount we can ask for refunded? Follow up on this, we can also claim the same for my wife (she worked 2019-2020 like 9 months before leaving her job) 
  • For tax return, 2019 + 2020 (partial) we can apply for refund before we leave. Am I correct?
  • As my last question, are these all of tax relevant items we need to pay attention before we leave? and what kind of service / person I should look for to prepare these applications for us?  

1 hour ago, Daytraeumer said:

In my last Verdienstnachweis, there is an amount next to "Rentenversicherung". Is this the pension fund amount we can ask for refunded?

Yes, but AFAIK know you´ll only get your own contribution refunded, not the employer´s. Not sure though.

For tax return, 2019 + 2020 (partial) we can apply for refund before we leave. Am I correct?

I doubt it. AFAIK you you can only apply for a refund at the earliest January of the following year. I. e. now for 2019 and 2.1.2021 for 2020. Which makes sense because who guarantuees that you won´t apply for a refund and start working again once you received it?

As my last question, are these all of tax relevant items we need to pay attention before we leave? and what kind of service / person I should look for to prepare these applications for us?  

You might want to ask an accountant. E. g. @PandaMunich