Activities for toddlers

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to find out if my area has any class/play group type options

for my toddler. I am reluctant to send him to daycare at this age for as many hours and days they insist on

but think socializing is important, just on more like a 1-2 days a week bases. I originally asked the person in

charge of signing kids up for daycare but she didn't seem to understand what I was asking. Is there something

specific I can google or someone at the government office I speak to?

Thank you :)

How old is your toddler?  Though at the moment with the Covid 19 stuff all this must be difficult.

He is 3!  Yes, though I am glad I am here rather than at home in the states, truthfully. I guess this is more for future information so I know what to do when things calm down. The preschools have opened in my area but I guess I am a bit more cautious. Would like to have all my ducks in a row!

Our oldest went to junior gymnastics from 1 until she turned 4. It was a good way to stay in touch with her earliest friends because they all ended up in different Kitas.

There is music school most run by the city but of course also private- where they sing and move. Like in the States you have them in the libraries.

There are usually read a longs in the

libraries too.

Sports (turnier) also in public school gyms- those usually go for 1 and half hr. Lots of fun they sing and do sports.

Arts and crafts

These are all things available here but am not sure all are in their normal function due to the situation plus once school is finish these courses are also finish until end of August. 

Coolibri i think its a family magazine where you can see also whats in your area. 😀