UK gas bbq meets German gas bottle

6 posts in this topic

Hi All, Can anyone help or point me in the right direction, please. I have been living here twelve years now and my gas bbq (originally purchased in UK) Has been gathering dust as it doesn't connect to the German bottle. I brought no english bottle over with my consignment, so a refill is not an option. Does anyone know of an adaptor that I need or atleast point me in the right direction of where I need to go, I have tried Toom, Hornbach etc.

Thanks in advance :)

I got one from Hagebau for a gas heater, you cannot just buy an adaptor though, it comes with the hose etc.  

Caravan, mobile home & camping supply shops near you will have regulators with the hose

to attach to your BBQ. Need one that is compatible (30mBar or 50mBar) with the BBQ.

Gas bottles too.

Note that nuts with a notch in the corners of the flats, mean that they are left handed

(they do up / indo the "wrong" way...) But that was true in the UK as well.

On 2.6.2020, 15:20:20, Krieg said:

If you already have your regulator and hose, wouldn't an adapter be enough?  Something like this:

Technically yes, but...

OP said that the BBQ has been here 12 years or so and rubber hoses do deteriorate over time.

If in a caravan (or even a boat) there would be a requirement to replace the hose / regulator every 10 years.

Date of expiry is stamped on both hose and regulator.

For safety sake, a new hose and regulator would be the prudent way to go.

Reference