Police brutality in the USA

534 posts in this topic

Back on topic - everything that is going on in the US right now is proof to me that the death of yet another black man at the hands of police who saw him as less than human is just a small matter.  The next election won’t fix anything, no matter which way it goes.  The situation in my beloved homeland is going to get much, much worse before it starts to get better,

I never thought I’d say this, but right now aim glad I am here.  I am very concerned for my friends and relatives, especially my friends who are POC.

20 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

That's the point, fraufruit. It's why Trump is shouting ANTIFA at the top of his tiny Twitter thumbs before anything is actually known.

Also explains why homophobe Joy Reid is throwing out baseless accusations and you are amplifying them - it is 100% political and your interest in this episode is limited to what is politically useful. 

Meanwhile, a couple of our *ahem* esteemed TT members might take this one to heart:

In case you are not aware, your posts (the posts not the poster) reflect this type of attitude.    Maybe you can take that to heart.  

Video and photographic evidence of rioters getting out of cars with Boogaloo Bois stickers or armed "men" wearing Boogaloo Bois patches means it's not baseless.

Denver Police Seized Assault Rifles from Anti-Government Gun Activists at Friday Night Protest

During a vehicle search near the downtown Denver protest on Friday evening, police officers seized several military-style assault rifles from anti-government gun enthusiasts who call themselves “Boogaloo Bois.”

Most peaceful protesters had left downtown Denver by the time police searched a car that had been occupied by a group of young men, one of whom was wearing a military-style vest.

They found several semi-automatic assault rifles, numerous magazines and other weapons in the trunk.

Really, @balticus, it's on the web and readily available.  Why do you prefer your endless ignorance?

Although it looks to me at the moment that George was killed by the police officer,i also feel that in a country were firearms are in general supply that the police are in more danger than in other places on our planet and react with a more aggresive stance.

@yesterday How are you going to sit there and make an insupportable BSAB argument when an unarmed man already in custody was murdered by a group of LEOs in broad daylight?

Do you think they were afraid about something that happened the night before and were therefore excused from murder?

Nah, man, it is their job to go where others won't and manage their fear, and, if they can't,  they should disqualify themselves from being cops. Otherwise,  they're just looking for a way to get away with murder.

Watching Fox News and they are doing there very best to throw gasoline on the fire! Now having said this there is so much were seeing here some of it contradictary. The first one is absolute anger how how Black people are treated. The second is 3 years of anger against Trump. Finally and this is the part that contradicts all of the above.  

Christina Soomers put it best

Not just taught that the US is an evil empire but anyone who disagrees is a Nazi and of course it's your moral obligation to “punch a Nazi”.

oh CNN US edition is focused on how BLM.

edit: noticed this

Well, now, who would like to tell us about this young man's social circle?

Nashville police have arrested a man in connection with the vandalism and fire set at the Nashville Historic Courthouse Saturday night.

Police say 25-year-old Wesley Somers was arrested at a home on Manzano Road in Madison, and that assistance from the community helped lead to his identification.

He will be booked into the Metro Jail shortly. Police say the investigation into the arson attack on the Historic Courthouse and other vandalism is continuing.

Windows were smashed at the courthouse, explicit graffiti spray painted on the walls, and several people attempted to set parts of the building on fire during violent protest Saturday.

EZY6Kw7XgAAsyFg.jpeg.jpg

Lurleeeeeeeeen!

Arrest Warrant Issued For Brian Bartels, Police Say He Started Saturday Riots In Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh Police are searching for 20-year-old Brian Bartels for breaking the windows out of a Pittsburgh Police car.

According to Police, Bartels broke the windows against the wishes of peaceful protesters.

Pittsburgh Police, along with Shaler Police, North Hills SRT, and FBI Pittsburgh served a search warrant at a home in Shaler on Sunday.

20 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

THIS is the America that I love:  https://youtu.be/kDbKAkb8oLs

I really like that cop, Space. Don’t know him from Adam, but he is a brave man with a good heart as far as I can tell from that snippet. Kudos to him!

On 5/31/2020, 6:41:08, Rushrush said:

After showing some initial shock conservatives have gone back to their default stance, law and order and uncritical support of the police. (NY Times had a great article about this,  but can't seem to find it). Police for the most part have defaulted to their usual stance, attack first police second. Load of videos showing them attacking peaceful protesters. The usual, pepper spray, batons to the head and a new one, ramming a car into a group. NY mayor for the most part Other than a comment supporting the police, silent. 

And a disturbing amount of journalists getting hassled. Is this the USA or Latin America?  https://www.niemanlab.org/2020/06/well-try-to-help-you-follow-the-police-attacks-on-journalists-across-the-country/

A trap for German police officers?

"Welt online"

"A young man has provoked a large police operation and riots in the Stuttgart city centre in the night from Sunday to Sunday. According to police, the 18-year-old called 911 and said he had been stabbed.

When the first patrol car crews arrived, officers determined that the young man was uninjured. The 18-year-old called 911 as a joke.

When the officers tried to record his personal details for faking a crime, tumultuous scenes had developed. The young man fought back fiercely, so that police brought him to the ground and put handcuffs on him, the police reported. In the meantime, several hundred onlookers had appeared and surrounded the police officers.

Among other things, the policemen had been called racists. Approximately 30 patrol car crews had been necessary to get the situation under control. According to initial investigations, the Stuttgart police headquarters assume that the young man with dark skin colour had caused the situation intentionally."