Police brutality in the USA

690 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, katheliz said:

The day he killed George Floyd was just another day at the office for Chauvin.

Let this be a lesson to all cops planning to have a little fun with a suspect to collect all civilians' cellphones before proceeding.

Currently, it is not against the law to film the police.  This may be changing in some states.  

An Oklahoma bill makes it illegal to post any identifying information about a police officer including a photo or video.  

An Ohio bill makes it illegal to "mentally interfere" with police, left to be defined by police on site and could include police demanding people not to film them.

Mr Biden was asked if he thought Mr Putin was a killer.

There are a lot of reports in the media about gun violence, shootings, killings by police and others in the USA.

What about Russia? Is there a lot of violence there, by police or by others? May Russian citizens hold (own) guns?

2 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

What about Russia? Is there a lot of violence there, by police or by others? May Russian citizens hold (own) guns?

Is it a serious question or just trolling?

It is a serious question, of course. I do not do trolling.

The media has lots of stories about gun violence in the US. There is a lot of it in Mexico and South America too, we are informed about that. And what about Nawalny? The media was full of stories about him a few weeks ago, not read anything for a while.

12 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

It is a serious question, of course. I do not do trolling.

The media has lots of stories about gun violence in the US. There is a lot of it in Mexico and South America too, we are informed about that. And what about Nawalny? The media was full of stories about him a few weeks ago, not read anything for a while.

Then, I can answer you: Russian police do not kill on the streets, they arrest you and then kill you in jail, so there are no cameras, and officially you "committed suicide". 

In the US once you're arrested you're safe. 

What is worse? Believe me, to die from a gun is much better than being beaten to death without any witness. 

Navalny is another story, the poisoning is reserved for "VIP"s only as this is a very expensive method to kill, its purpose is to show power and scare those who are still alive. 

On 18.7.2021, 08:39:30, yourkeau said:

Then, I can answer you: Russian police do not kill on the streets, they arrest you and then kill you in jail, so there are no cameras, and officially you "committed suicide". 

In the US once you're arrested you're safe. 

What is worse? Believe me, to die from a gun is much better than being beaten to death without any witness. 

Navalny is another story, the poisoning is reserved for "VIP"s only as this is a very expensive method to kill, its purpose is to show power and scare those who are still alive. 

In the US, once you are arrested, you're safe??

You are joking right?? Seriously...

On 01/09/2021, 15:44:33, Metall said:

There a quite a few, ahem, "suicides" in US prisons, too.

And occasionally leaving people without food, water, or necessary medication for a weekend.