Police brutality in the USA

540 posts in this topic

JFC, you have got to be kidding me with this shit, right?

Football hooligans join far-right ‘thugs’ to attack police over Black Lives Matter demos

Football hooligans and far-right activists led attacks on police as hundreds of protesters gathered in Parliament Square to oppose the Black Lives Matter demonstrations.

The mob threw punches and lobbed bottles and flares at officers in full riot gear as what appeared to be Nazi salutes were seen near the Cenotaph in Whitehall this afternoon.

Crowds of mainly white men began gathering and drinking alcohol from about 10.30am today around the statue of Churchill outside the House of Commons after it was sealed up over fears of vandalism.

Overnight, the 12ft box protecting the statue was daubed “Do not open, racist inside” after the statue’s plinth was twice targeted with graffiti during BLM protests.

/sarc on Why couldn't they just protest the right way? What is their violence solving? /sarc off

Thugs will be thugs - always looking for an excuse to be thugs. Their violence ( as in this case ) is solving nothing apart from adding to the possible spread of corona and a few cracked heads.

Idiots. No sarcasm. Just despair.

Just wondering, by the way , what „ mainly white men „ is supposed to mean in that link. Who else?

Just wondering, though, would „ defunding the police „ be a „ cool „ slogan here or does that depend on who is doing the thuggery?

13 hours ago, AlexTr said:

JFC, you have got to be kidding me with this shit, right?

Football hooligans join far-right ‘thugs’ to attack police over Black Lives Matter demos

/sarc on Why couldn't they just protest the right way? What is their violence solving? /sarc off

I like how the media is telling you they were hooligans and thugs and not normal law abiding whites, so they do not represent the white community.

6 hours ago, Krieg said:

I like how the media is telling you they were hooligans and thugs and not normal law abiding whites, so they do not represent the white community.

They won't make that mistake again!

On 6/14/2020, 9:37:22, Krieg said:

I like the way they`ve decided it`s footballs fault again ffs.

From Comic Strip of the Day's blog: Juxtaposition.
fm200615.gif?resize=600%2C180

F-Minus

cand200615.jpg?resize=600%2C187

Candorville

I knew that British historian David Starkey was politically conservative and a staunch supporter of Brexit, but his reactionary views apparently go even further than that. I suspect this will be the end of his appearances as a presenter of historical documentaries on the BBC and elsewhere.

David Starkey criticised over slavery comments

The TV historian and author told an online show hosted by the conservative commentator Darren Grimes that slavery was not genocide because of the survival of "so many damn blacks".

Tweet from Canterbury Christ Church University, Kent:

20 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

I knew that British historian David Starkey was politically conservative and a staunch supporter of Brexit, but his reactionary views apparently go even further than that. I suspect this will be the end of his appearances as a presenter of historical documentaries on the BBC and elsewhere.

David Starkey criticised over slavery comments

In a sense he is right in that it wasn't genocide. Hardly a silver lining, but dead slaves can't cut cane or pick cotton...  

How else did he think uttering 'damn blacks' was going turn out?...

On 12/06/2020, 12:27:54, Wulfrun said:

Police officer charged over George Floyd's death released from prison after paying $750,000 bail

How the hell does a 'police officer' get hold of $750,000?

Bail is usually determined (roughly?) based on your assets, and you usually only have to pony up 10%, the rest being seizable. 

I know in the US it varies a lot, but some Forces average income is over 100k after only a few years (e.g. often the case in Canada -- an old highschool classmate is making 150k a year. As public employees, their salaries are all posted in an online directory. He's ex-mil, and was promoted quickly). I definitely agree that police (at least 'back home', can't speak for all places) are paid too much. 

I know in some places, cops are not paid well, which is why speed traps and fines for all kinds of small potatoes bullshit are the bread and butter of many forces... 

Long read, but does not paint a flattering picture: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/08/10/the-cop

1 hour ago, J0ker said:

Defund tha police

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wkeiTFsv1Y

Where's the outrage now Soytown?

So you`re basically saying that if the budget hadn`t been cut (it has by 1bn but not sure if that`s taken effect yet) then this wouldn`t have happened?

Actually I don`t think anyone really knows what you`re getting at here in relating this shooting to budgets cuts.

If we stop calling them "police" (using EU as a reference) and start calling them "paramilitary force without training" then we can discuss the real problem.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

So you`re basically saying that if the budget hadn`t been cut (it has by 1bn but not sure if that`s taken effect yet) then this wouldn`t have happened?

Actually I don`t think anyone really knows what you`re getting at here in relating this shooting to budgets cuts.

Nope defunding the police reduces crime.  Guiliani and Bloomberg cut NYC's crime rate to a fraction of its former self by defunding tha police.  I'm sure a 23 y.o. hip "journalist" from the Bezos Post can confirm this. ^_^

On 7/8/2020, 2:09:04, J0ker said:

Defund tha police

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wkeiTFsv1Y

Where's the outrage now Soytown?

There are a lot of shootings like this in Arab towns as well as Arabic neighborhoods in mixed Jewish-Arabic towns. The police does nothing as soon as Arabic mafia only kills Arabs. If an Arab kills a Jew this is often investigated by Security Service as this is considered political terrorism (it usually is).

So, there were protests in Arabic communities across Haifa to increase the police presence and stop this two class policing practice. The problem is, the government is concerned that if the police starts cracking down on crime, more people involved in local mafia wars will join terror cells, then the murder rate will increase. So, simple increase in policing does not solve the problem at all.

Both right and left in America think they have simple solutions to a very complicated problem. There are no simple solutions.

Well, whaddya know? How many more times will the BSAB crew be proven completely and utterly wrong?

Minneapolis police say 'Umbrella Man' was a white supremacist trying to incite George Floyd rioting

A masked man who was seen in a viral video smashing the windows of a south Minneapolis auto parts store during the George Floyd protests, earning him the moniker "Umbrella Man," is suspected of ties with a white supremacist group and sought to incite racial tension, police said.

A Minneapolis police arson investigator said the act of vandalism at the AutoZone on E. Lake Street helped spark a chain reaction that led to days of looting and rioting. The store was among dozens of buildings across the city that burned to the ground in the days that followed.

"This was the first fire that set off a string of fires and looting throughout the precinct and the rest of the city," Sgt. Erika Christensen wrote in a search warrant affidavit filed in court this week. "Until the actions of the person your affiant has been calling 'Umbrella Man,' the protests had been relatively peaceful. The actions of this person created an atmosphere of hostility and tension. Your affiant believes that this individual's sole aim was to incite violence."

Police identified "Umbrella Man" thanks to a tip that came via e-mail last week, Christensen said.

15 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Well, whaddya know? How many more times will the BSAB crew be proven completely and utterly wrong?

Zero.  

15 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Some people never learn.  

The Star Tribune could not independently verify the police account, which has so far only surfaced in the search warrant, and isn't naming the man because so far he has not been charged with a crime. The man, who has a criminal history that includes convictions of domestic violence and assault, did not respond to messages seeking comment. Spokespersons for the Minneapolis Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which is also involved in the investigation, declined to comment.

On 7/26/2020, 2:24:42, yourkeau said:

Both right and left in America think they have simple solutions to a very complicated problem. There are no simple solutions.

That about sums it up. Compounding the problem is woke cancel culture, anyone academic who studies this and comes up with the “answer” gets cancelled.

This from Spiked Online

Meanwhile, crime has spiralled in precisely the communities the Black Lives Matter movement hopes to defend. ‘We’re dismantling the NYPD now, and violence has gone up 200 per cent’, he says

and

‘I find it interesting now, with this recent increase in violence, newspapers won’t mention the race of victims. The New York Times is obsessed with racial disparity. And there’s a chance that 100 per cent of shooting victims recently have been black or Hispanic. I mean, normally it’s like 97 per cent. So, there might be a white person in there. But there’s a chance that it is literally 100 per cent of shooting victims in New York are black and Hispanic this year, and they don’t even mention it… at some point, that’s just racist negligence.’

I stopped posting most of this on FB as most people prefer to see pictures of cut puppies and honestly I don't blame them.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/07/27/the-protests-were-whiter-than-the-police-department/