Hiring lawyer to get citizenship faster

7 posts in this topic

I have submitted my documents to get citizenship last August in Berlin. I still have not received it, although they said all my documents are ok. I sent them an email after 10 months. They said it will take atleast another 12 months.

I though about hiring a lawyer to speed up the process. Do you guys think it will help? Has anyone done this through a lawyer give me some input?

Why exactly does it take so long? Are they running background checks in your previous countries or something? I cannot understand how any process could legitimately take two years to reach a decision one way or another.

On 5/24/2020, 9:08:06, Irfaane said:

I though about hiring a lawyer to speed up the process. Do you guys think it will help?

NO

1 hour ago, Fritsen said:

Why exactly does it take so long? Are they running background checks in your previous countries or something?

Another office is responsible for the background checks and the citizenship office needs to wait for a response (but that is just part of the process).

I cannot understand how any process could legitimately take two years to reach a decision one way or another.

In Berlin citizenship applications are processed by the Bezirke and the Bezirke have global budgets from the Land.  Staffing the citizenship offices is not a priority in most Bezirke  (Tempelhof Schöneberg seems to be an exception), most offices are massively understaffed, and they receive new applications faster than they can process old ones resulting in an ever increasing backlog. 

On top of which citizenship applications are not a priority during a health pandemic. 

I appreciate it’s not a priority now but it appears to be a constant problem. I wonder if other countries take 2+ years to process applications. Short-staffed or not, that is an incredible timeline.

This, as everything in life, is about power and contacts.

Getting an expert sending letters, contacting politicians, etc will for sure speed up the process.

If you have the money go for it.

Good luck!

On 6/1/2020, 2:19:38, travelerworker said:

This, as everything in life, is about power and contacts.

Getting an expert sending letters, contacting politicians, etc will for sure speed up the process.

If you have the money go for it.

Good luck!

how would politicians help in this process...