German residency permit renewal

119 posts in this topic

I have been living in Munich for 4 years now, and my little green thing expires soon.

So I would like to get a new one... I have read bits and bobs that I can do it through the post!?!

So do I just fill out this form...

muenchen.de - anmeldung_meldebehoerde.pdf

...and post it too them? Do I need to send some more photos with the form? How about photo copies of my work contract? Flat renting agreement?

That form is for registering yourself to your place of residence.

It has nothing to do whatsoever with the application or renewal of an Aufenthaltserlaubnis!

How much German have you actually learned in 4 years?? :unsure:

To renew an EU residence permit, its easy although depending on the day you may have to be patient. Just go to the KVR, take your current one with you, and you get a form, fill it out, which takes 5 minutes, then its 1 hour waiting moving from department to department. Remember to take some photo's with you !

Thanks for the clue! Further invesitgation show that I actually have to go to the bloody place to get a new one. I hate poccistrasse. Shit. :(

How much German have you actually learned in 4 years

As much as I need to know. ie. Very little.

renewal of an Aufenthaltserlaubnis
Eh?

little green thing

Oh right, gotcha.

Apply for an "Unbefristet" one, after 12 years I finally did it last year.

When it was over I said to the Beamte, "You mean I NEVER have to come here again?" and she replied "oh, we're not that bad, are we?" and I said "not today, Auf Wieeeeedershen... :D " And I gobbed on their doorstep on the way out.

Bunch of racist fucks in the KVR, I don't know ANY so called foreigner who doesn't hate the place. I go past the place every couple of weeks and ALWAYS flick them the Vs. :angry:

I never have trouble there. I phone ahead to make sure I know what they need and I make a copy of it for them, rather than having them scurry about the building making a copy of my passport, bank balance, astrological sign. The waiting time can sometimes be bad, but that's about it. Really. Know what you want and what they need before wandering in saying, "Uh, I want anther stampy-thing in the greeny-thing you gave me."

Okay, I admit that being a white North American might give me some more leeway than the usual bunch of ex-Yugoslavians I wait with, but you got to play the system you have. No point ranting "I didn't have paper A with me to prove who I am, but they STILL should have given me what I wanted!!"

@showem

you forgot your blood group... just teasing your perfectly right get everything ready rightdown to the photocopies right change and birkenstock shoe size, and don't believe beause your aufenthalt ran out on wednesday, that it will be ok to renew it on friday because of work commitments - that cost me 30DM.

i just got my unbefristet last year, but as i live in München-Land i had to go to the nice and friendly landesamt - and i mean nice and friendly, i went there with everything but the kitchen sink (i know my blood group of by heart O+, my wife is AB-, and the kids are just cold blooded).

The guy looked at me and said ok wife is german kids were born here no problem...

but i do get all sentimental about poccistrasse.

BIG TIP:- take the day off work, take an interesting book and treat yourself to a beer after.

must admit though...

my surname begins with Y

and at the XYZ counter its really scary with lost of eastern looking bandits hanging around

To get an unlimited Aufenthaltserlaubnis you need to have been here at least 5 years, be able show a sufficient income (or financial support from a partner) and be able to speak some German ("Mündliche Verständigung in deutscher Sprache auf einfache Art "). They're also damned expensive at 61 Euros (vs. 25 Euros for another 5 year extension).

Don't forget, an "Aufenthaltserlaubnis" (for EU residents) is totally different from an "Aufenthaltsgenehmigung" (non-EU folk)

YL6

the place opens at 7:30h am

if you at that time I swear you don't have to wait at all! Believe me!

If you go there at ten, like everybody else... well, don't complain the choice was not given to you :P

And just have ur papers ready and train the everlasting smile. In and out in no time :)

bubbly

the ausländer section is shut on wednesday(?) i've been there on a thursday and there was no room on the steps at 7:15. the place is nearly allways full at 7:30 its not like the little kreisverwaltungsämte this is the only place where 10,000s of happy, grateful,in munich living, people can get certain 'beamtenkaka' done.

remember

take a book, be nice, smile - your the wrong side of that desk!

My residence permit is up for renewal very soon , unfortunately, I've lost it (handed it in to a ski hire place and never saw it again). The germans are beyond änal in these situations has anyone any advice as to had to go about renewing with limited hassle..? I assume I'll need passport, flat contract, photos ...anything else ..?

Cheers

Andy

Do you have your "Sozialversicherungsausweis"? (little pinksh "leaflet")

And always make a copy of these kind of documents. I guess this kind of advice is the last thing you need :)

I dunno , would have to go searching through the study for it. Surely a passport identifies me as the same person as registered in the little folders they keep of people. surely.

barlow you are fucked and rightly so.

expect a knock at your door any day now.

sloppy.

Oh I do love the helpful comments from flogger. flogger - legend.

They can knock all they want , cant come in though, nothing for them round my gaff . poccistrasse the future, cfc , cannister, torch the place.

molotovs?

side roads pretty handy leading up to pocci.

you'll have to get masked up tho..too many jerry grasses 'bout.

[/begin anal warning]

As a resident foreigner your required ID here is your passport and your Aufenthaltserlaubnis or genehmigung. Not being in posession of your ID (both parts) at any time in a public place is an offence.

If you lost any or both parts you must report the loss to the Police immediately (well, withgin 7 days). They'll provide a form certifying the registration of the loss which acts as an interim document pending your getting a replacement, which you should get as soon as possible, and in any case (at least apply for) within 14 days.

If your Aufenthaltswotsit is up for renewal you need to present the old one as part of the renewal process (in fact they normally simply stamp an extension into the old document). Therefore you need to go through the loss process first, and get a replacement, which you then may be able to get renewed at the same time. If reporting it lost, make sure you don't say you lost it 6 months ago or you'll see prison bars looming...

[/end anal warning]

And in case you think I'm joking a friend of mine forgot to renew. 6 months after renewal was due she realised this and went off to the foreigners office. They refused any of her pleadings - she was fined almost DM3000 (€1500 in todays money) DM2000 for not renewing, DM1000 for not reporting the loss (she was trying to scam). She left the country 3 months later without paying the fine, but found UK bailifs at her UK door 6 months later. She paid...

YL6