Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"Fun" restaurants in Frankfurt

14 posts in this topic

Our office - All Brits, late 20's to mid 30's - partial to drinks that burn and songs that offend, are looking for a casual, laid back none pretentious style restaurant to kick start our office bash - only 6 of us so we don't need to hire out a west wing - But we want the night to start how we mean to go on... lively, fun etc

Now, I do realise that this is Germany, and this request might be a bit of a tall order, especially with 'fun' being a key word, but surely someone somewhere in Frankfurt recently stumbled across a restaurant/bar and thought, "Hey, this would be great for a group night out!" ...Anyone?

Food type, general theme and cost not important, but fairly central ideally.

Many thanks for your thoughts...

Dean.

Here's the staff:

:D

well i wouldnt go anywhere with them lot...

our xmas arty last year was in a castle and had a meal to match, ate with our fingers...

You have all been naughty boys and do not deserve a Christmas party!!!

Hmmm not sure what you mean by fun. That sports place by the Marriott maybe?

@Big-Bonus

Well you'll have to ask Mummy Muffin if she'll let you have a Christmas Party, but the following are all quite lively:

Sausalitos - Bockenheim (excellent pint sized cocktails for happy hour)

Joe Pena's - Bockenheim

Garibaldi's - Just off the fressgasse

On the other hand, if the Bonus is Big enough, you could always hire out Restaurant Merton :D

Right, time is a ticking...

Me and the Big-Bonus and our peers need to find a venue double quick as our party is this thursday!!!

Can anyone suggest a cool thai or chinese restaurant in town? That's our current menu of choice !!!

And as the man said, it needs to be somewhere that's ready for half a dozen loud-as-hell brits taking over the place and making our own entertainment!!!

Any more suggestions folks?!!!

Right well for Thai I would recommend the one by the 12 Apostles - cannot remember the name of it at the moment though.

Or Rainbow Garden is also quite nice!

There is one by Eschenheimer Tor as well - again I cannot remember the name round the back of that street where the Fox and Fiddle used to be. I have not eaten there only had cocktails but it seems like a really nice place and I have heard good things about the food!

I would recommend Suvadee - the best sauces in town. I have tried some Thai places in Frankfurt but the food in Suvadee is on another level.

I think the prices are also on the higher side.

They have 2 restaurants in town - one near Hauptwache; the other on BaumWeg near Merianplatz.

If you have a big party you might be able to hire a private room.

Another is the one that I think Purple Muffin is referring to on Oeder weg - not to be confused with the one beside the cinema. I forget the name for now.

Searching for addresses... :)

Here is address and number for Suvadee. The Steinweg (near Hauptwache; opposite-ish Swatch shop) is where we once hired the 2nd floor for party of brits/irish. But hope it is not too short notice for them.

http://www.inyourpocket.com/germany/frankf...?id=GEFRENX1235

The one on Oederweg I was thinking of could be (it was a long time ago):

Hua-Hin

Oeder Weg 15

60318 Frankfurt

(0 69) / 5974529

But this name does not sound familiar - not that I am fluent in Thai anyway :huh:

No I don't think the one I am talking about is on Oederweg or next to the cinema. It is behind the cinema of the road where the Fox and Fiddle is (Bleichstr. ???) down some steps!

This is useless information really I know!!

Christ the heads are sore this morning !!

Well Suvadee was just the job !!! Top food !!! Top service !!! And excellent Flaming sambuca's!! They were very accommodating despite the fact that we were over an hour late, and even a few flying oranges didn't seem to put them out!!!

That place is certainly the best Thai i've had out here so far..the duck was amazing, although they did slightly over cater on the spring rolls (5 people & 147 spring rolls !!!?...you do the math) but that was probably sloppy ordering on our part.

Right, time to start planning next years bash...

We need some strong coffees all round me thinks !!! :blink: :$ ;)