Forced change of Role

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was not surprised when my boss moved to another area of the company, for "political" reasons. 

My contract has a clause that allows the company to do so.

My question is: is there - according to the law - a limit for this change of position? Something like two times per year?

Regards

usually, if your contract says so (and even if it doesn't explicitly say so) the employer has the right to move you to a different position temporarily, or permanently, as they see fit.

Of course, if you really don't like the change, you can try to fight it.

For example if they assign you a task that you are physically unable to do.

Or you have kids in school and they move you to a position in a different town, far-far-away from home.

Bear in mind, though, that "fighting" your employer will usually end in you losing that job - be OK with that, just in case.

Hello, thank you for the feedback.

I said in front of the CTO and the HR that I do not like this new position. But, as they said, "you got no alternative." 

I was wondering if the law could have something to prevent the company from doing a ping pong with the employee. 

In this new position, I already pointed out that I cannot do anything, and they are trying to figure out a new role probably. That is why I am asking about the law.

I appreciate your time.