health insurance - urgent

28 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

does anybody know what can happen if I can not prove my residency in the UK for the HMRC?

I applied to get insured at the IKK and the UK needs more information to prove that I was insured in the UK.

It would be for july to december, I am insured now, but I am worried about these 5 months.

Please help

hi luna ch,

unfortunately i do not have nothing to prove residence of life in the uk ,the only paper i have is a bill from the hmrc asking me to pay an outstanding bill of overpayment from 2010..in which i recently paid on the 11.3.2020...

and im not sure as to whether this information would be enough information for ikk..?

i thought that this insurance would be easy,i never thought that the insurance company would want more conformation,they already have my national insurance number.

would appreciate any other feed back you could offer me,thanks ...

22 minutes ago, LordByron said:

unfortunately i do not have nothing to prove residence of life in the uk

Were you actually living in the UK at the time?

22 minutes ago, LordByron said:

i thought that this insurance would be easy,i never thought that the insurance company would want more conformation

Unfortunately in the past many foreigners have been less than honest with the health insurance companies regarding when they actually arrived in Germany and now they sometimes ask a few more questions. 

Telephone bills with in and outgoing numbers, rental payments, bank statements showing UK cash withdrawals, receipts in general...

Parking fines, bus tickets, credit card statements showing High St. purchases...

None of these offer a single certificate, I realise. But enough circumstantial evidence to support your case?

ok, let's try the logical approach:

1. ask yourself: where did you sleep during those months in question (July through December 2019)?

in a hotel, or on a campground - then these places should have a record of your stay (contact them for help)

on somebody else's couch - then that person should be able to attest to your staying there (contact them for help)

under a bridge - even that cannot be done completely unnoticed - some authority should have a record of your stay (contact them for help)

2. ask yourself: where/how did you eat during those months in question (July through December 2019)?

The place(s)/person(s) providing the food should be able to testify on your behalf. (ask them for help).

3. just out of curiosity - please explain to me, how you managed to live for half a year without any proof of your whereabouts/existence?? ( that information could come in really handy at one point in the future, should I decide to "vanish" ;) )

2 hours ago, engelchen said:

Were you actually living in the UK at the time?

Unfortunately in the past many foreigners have been less than honest with the health insurance companies regarding when they actually arrived in Germany and now they sometimes ask a few more questions. 

I was living in the Uk

Do you have any of the stuff Sailor and Karen have suggested? 

You must have interacted with someone over that time. Surely? 

6 hours ago, LordByron said:

Hi everybody,

does anybody know what can happen if I can not prove my residency in the UK for the HMRC?

I applied to get insured at the IKK and the UK needs more information to prove that I was insured in the UK.

It would be for july to december, I am insured now, but I am worried about these 5 months.

Please help

Have responded to your PM, including one crucial question..

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

You do not say how old you are

You say, you are British, therefore, you should have an NA number, if you you contact HMRC, you can get a statement show how much NA contribustions you made, if you got any money while you were there and were not self-employed.

3 hours ago, karin_brenig said:

just out of curiosity - please explain to me, how you managed to live for half a year without any proof of your whereabouts/existence?? ( that information could come in really handy at one point in the future, should I decide to "vanish" ;) )

Not working and staying with relatiives or friends would cover all these points. No utillity bills, etc. 

6 minutes ago, yesterday said:

You say, you are British, therefore, you should have an NA number, if you you contact HMRC, you can get a statement show how much NA contribustions you made, [...]

He didn't work or claim universal tax credit according to the multiple similar threads the OP has started today:

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/profile/325654-lordbyron/

6 minutes ago, yesterday said:

You say, you are British, therefore, you should have an NA number, if you you contact HMRC, you can get a statement show how much NA contribustions you made, if you got any money while you were there and were not self-employed.

Do you mean a NI number?  You can be resident in the UK and not  pay income tax or national insurance, if you are not working. Presumably OP was not working or he would have this stuff already.  

Well, John G is on the case now, so will give him advice!

Maybe cell phone statement, purchases, and statement from wherever he has stayed.

Ok, but this guy never gives enough information about his personal situation to make any helpful suggestions on what to do - maybe I should ask di he keep any condom receipts from Boots  with a picture of him buying them - just to prove it

BTW my NI number starts with NA  

24 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Ok, but this guy never gives enough information about his personal situation to make any helpful suggestions on what to do - maybe I should ask di he keep any condom receipts from Boots  with a picture of him buying them - just to prove it

BTW my NI number starts with NA  

SO 2019! 2020 is receipts of a mask!😂

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

27 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Well, John G is on the case now, so will give him advice!

Maybe cell phone statement, purchases, and statement from wherever he has stayed.

There’s some serious karma going on here! The user name Lord Byron! A national hero here - streets named after him etc. A true Hellenophile.

Maybe a Greek tax statement would help?😂

16 hours ago, LordByron said:

Hi everybody,

Please help

@LordByron why does a non-taxation company like the IKK need to know about your tax affairs outside Germany?