Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Katzennetz or cat net for balcony

3 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago I took on a cat whose aged owner recently passed away due to the corona virus. Much to my chagrin, the cat wants to jump off the balcony so that I would like to see about getting a cat net (Katzennetz) installed to prevent this. I guess I could try and fashion something myself, but I’d rather not botch the job and risk disfiguring my nice Altbau balcony and instead would ideally like to have something professional and subtle. Can anyone recommend an address here in Berlin to this effect? I’ve googled but some firsthand recommendations are never a bad idea.

TIA!

Hi Ralf, We also have a balcony and a cat who can find his way out of anything, given the chance!

We ordered a net from a company called Hoffman-Reynsner in June 2009. They came and installed it with minimum fuss and no damage to the balcony. It is still there after more than 11 years.

Therefore to be recommended. It cost 120€ all in.

Here is a link;

http://ww12.hoffmann-reysner.de/

Good luck!

Himself installed our just using small anchors (Dübeln?) and small eye bolts. He threaded a string around the thing and hooked it into the eyes.

We don't have a cat and we no longer have pigeons.