Is there anyone who can help me?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, is there anyone who can help me, I've recently lost my job and my lack of german makes it even harder. Basically I want to start getting my money from the "Agentur fur Arbeit" I went there and I gave them all the information needed, the initial plan was to get my unemployment money in my home country which is a part of the European Union, I've heard that's possible, but I don't have any clue on how to do that. So I've been stuck here for the past 3 months, without a job, living on my savings. (I've been working here in Koln for the past 3 years) Is there any german around, or someone who speaks german and it is willing to help? I still didn't get any unemployment money so far. 

In order to get employment money in Germany you have to stay in Germany and be available to work.

What you heard is transferring the unemployment benefits to another country, that's possible, but then you will be moved to your home country system and get the benefits according to their system.

Just now, Krieg said:

In order to get employment money in Germany you have to stay in Germany and be available to work.

What you heard is transferring the unemployment benefits to another country, that's possible, but then you will be moved to your home country system and get the benefits according to their system.

Yea, so how do I do that? The thing is I'm still here for 1 more month, then I'm planning to head back home.

Basically I want to start getting my money from the "Agentur fur Arbeit" I went there and I gave them all the information needed

Have you already filed an actual application with the Agentur für Arbeit? Have you received any mail from them?

46 minutes ago, kaTsu said:

The thing is I'm still here for 1 more month, then I'm planning to head back home.

First of all, change your location. Your location makes a huge difference when applying for benefits.

Second you need to claim benefits first in Germany then apply for a U2.