Rundfunkbeitrag not paid by my hauptmieter, and now they charge me

23 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, jeba said:

Together with others I inherited a property and it came with a verbal lease contract for one of the flats grandma had entered into because it was with the son of the previous tenants and she trusted him. He´s been renting the flat for close to 40 years by now and it was never a problem. That´s not to say I recommend it.

A verbal contract is not a problem in that case in the way that it's known he is a tenant, he lives there and I assume he can prove he's paying rent.  It's going to be a problem though if you disagree with the tenant about something that was supposedly agreed upon like how you calculate the heating, did he have cable included etc.  Although I suppose after 40 years, there is tradition.  It would be different if he'd been there one year and starts complaining after the first nebenkostenabrechnung that you had told him it's pauschalmiete.

The problem here is that in absence of any evidence of a verbal contract, the default position to fall back is "no contract", there aren't really any alternatives.

10 hours ago, Namu said:

Ah here it is. For decades it was the Nazikeule now it's insults like if you go on discussing you are obtuse or cold or frigid or rude. Do you shut up your German family and friends like that too?

Nope, just you. You've earned it.