Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mail

10 posts in this topic

Once I sent postcards from Cyprus to the Netherlands and it took some 4 weeks to arrive. I also sent a birthday card from Germany to Spain and it took more than 3 weeks to arrive. No clue what postal workers do all day in the Mediterranean. In Italy a postal worker stole my stamp from a postcard from Turkmenistan. It was steamed off. The card arrived though :).

My mother has appalling handwriting. About three years after moving to Munich I received a postcard from her to wish me luck moving to aforementioned and the damn thing had been all over Europe, loads of crossing-outs and redirection notes! 

I asked this question because of the corona virus. Do the planes

still carry the mail or does it go by ship. Normally when things go by ship

it is about 6 weeks. They wait for enough stuff to ship.

A letter was posted to me from the US on 4 April.  I received it on 6 May.  Rather says it all.  Oddly, I had 15 days from the date it was sent to respond. 

I sent postcards from Egypt during a May summer holiday there a couple of years ago, they all arrived around Christmas time.

On a more current note the parcel I sent to England last Monday was delivered on Thursday, so looking good despite Brexit!;)

16 hours ago, California Friend said:

I asked this question because of the corona virus.

Your question might yield better results if you would include the vital information about the origin and the destination of your letter...

If - for example - its destination is a company, maybe the company is shut down atm? 

I use mypostcard.com service which recently acquired postcard service of the Deutsche Post: it prints and sends the postcards, from Berlin.

Usually the postcard reaches the destination in 2 weeks (various countries of the northern hemisphere, the furthest is Canada), sometimes it takes 1 month due to shitty post service in the destination country. I haven't sent anything during Corona time yet.